“Great cottage in an ideal location”
other travellers have booked this property
Newly refurbished shower room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Newly refurbished shower room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 36 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
John I
“Great cottage in an ideal location”
Reviewed 12 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

On arrival we were greeted by the owner and shown around the cottage, Margot also took the time to point out local walks for us and our dog. The cottage is conveniently placed for walking with the garden backing onto the river, there are also woods a short walk away. Local amenities and the town are a short walk away. The cottage itself has a good kitchen and living area. The garden is well sized and has a lovely view of the river, it has also just benefited from a new fence making it secure enough to let the dog roam free. Under the house is a large storage area with a washing machine and tumble drier, and plenty of room for storing bikes. Over all we really enjoyed our stay. The cottage was a perfect base for us and our dog and we hope to visit again.

People with pets
23 Jul 2016
Many thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Dale Cottage in the future.
Douglas M
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

Peebles is a lovely town with lots of independent shops and eateries. People are very friendly and hospitable.

Unfortunately Dale Cottage was disappointing! When we arrived my first impression of the front garden sent alarm bells ringing in that it was very unkempt. The owners brother arrived at the arranged time to give us access to the property and explain the heating system. On viewing the back garden I was confronted with a wilderness of weeds and an unsafe fence with gaping holes in it which rendered it unsafe for my dog to have any freedom outside. There was a drop of approx 10ft on the other side of the wall.

On entering the cottage my fears were confirmed in that it did not look or smell fresh. The cottage requires an deep clean to remove layers of dust from high areas such as lamp shades,louver doors, tiles in shower room, skirting boards, radiator regulators. . At ground level the kitchen floor was sticky and unwashed, kitchen drawers were full of bread crumbs and utensils and crockery were greasy having been washed in dirty water. The shower was leaking across the shower room floor and there were breaks in the shower hose.

I spent the first day of my holiday cleaning in order to bring the cottage up to a standard I felt I could cope with for the week. I also spend £20 on cleaning products.

I contacted the owner on the Monday and Margot came round to discuss my concerns with me. Margot said she had had a tenant in the property for four months, however during that time she had employed a contract cleaner to attend. This puzzled me as it did not correspond with the comments in the visitor book as some were dated for short breaks in March.

Margot did offer to have cleaners come in however I declined this offer. A plumber was arranged for the next day to deal with the shower problem. Three workmen appeared and attempted to clear the garden area, which did improve the look of the pathways etc. The fence remained untouched.

Margot did deliver extra towels to the cottage as we had to use the provided ones top mop up the water. Margot did also refund me £100 for my inconvenience as a good will gesture.

We left the cottage a day early as we were glad to return to our own home and the standards we are used to.

Margot was sorry that we had been disappointed however in business this was a lesson learned.

Do not take your eye off the ball!!!

Liked best: Power shower
Liked least: Dirty cottage
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
23 Jul 2016
I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Dale Cottage, we did try to address your concerns immediately although it seems this still wasn't to your satisfaction.
leonthepr...
London, United Kingdom
“Warm, cosy cottage.”
Reviewed 30 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The cottage is well equipped and ideal for our small family (one eight year old). Located a short walk from the town and close to the supermarkets means we didn't need the car for the weekend. We will be back to stay again.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
31 Mar 2016
Thanks for your lovely review, I look forward to welcoming you all again in the future.
Toynetrav...
“Gorgeous Cottage In Perfect Location”
Reviewed 1 January 2016 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

I booked Dale Cottage for my parents for two months (this past Nov/Dec 2015), and it was a fabulous find. Everything went really smoothly. Margot was warm and welcoming, and the cottage was spotless and very cozy. It's a lovely location, a hop skip and a jump to the town centre and very close to the beautiful river and hills. From my parents: Our stay in Dale Cottage was very comfortable especially with the excellent heating facility as the weather during our stay was very cold. We had an excellent stay in a very comfortable cottage close to all amenities and would highly recommend this cottage.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage itself was really warm and cozy and had everything we needed.
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
2 Jan 2016
I'm delighted your parents had a lovely time at the cottage Natalie and hope to welcome them again in future.
Many thanks
Margot
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing