“Pleasant place”

Marmion's Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Marmion's Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Melrose
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Cozy restaurant with an interesting menu. Moderately priced. When I forgot my credit card, they tacked me down to return it.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We landed in Melrose later than we thought, and we were hungry, I ate in Marmion’s years ago and remembered that it wasn’t a bad place to dine. It didn’t look too busy, and we got a good table. I noticed that most of the menu had a Turkish slant, so I went for the Falafel to start and the salmon main. The falafel was simply delicious it was moist and very, very tasty with just enough salad garnish with a lovely dressing. I was really looking forward to my salmon main and wasn’t disappointed. It was beautifully crisp on the outside and wonderfully moist inside accompanied by steamed broccoli and lovely boiled potatoes. All very reasonably priced, we will definitely be returning to Marmion’s

1  Thank James S
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Clean and tidy. Surprisingly busy mid week.

Waiter stressed busy forgetful

Entree unremarkable.

Main went for lamb casserole got to a winner . Yes tomatoes were there it looked great. Lamb plentiful and tough +++ How can lamb be tough after a few hours in a casserole?

Glass of S American wine ok

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

In a village with many high-quality food offerings, Marmions seemed to struggle to find a niche, for my visit. The restaurant is on a back street and is very dingey. The hosts were pleasant and the atmosphere likewise. I visited for lunch and I had an open sandwich of goats cheese and red onion. This was distinctly average, tasty enough but with slightly slapdash presentation and lacking the depth of taste that the best ingredients provides. Overall a decent luncheon location, but there are much better places to eat a short walk away.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Great to have a meal when hungery, quick serivce and friendly staff. Menu changes and they have specail nights such as turkish evenings