1,146 results
All reviews lounge bar buffet style ferry terminal single room bar meals night porter centre of town bit dated limited parking enjoyable stay bed and breakfast stayed here for one night lovely view porridge piper harbour
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night only, thank heavens, we didn't book for two. £98/night.
The breakfast was good and the location was great....but,,,
The room has got to be the worst, I have ever stayed in. Dark, dingy, creaky, faded and yellowing decor. The bathroom is the tiniest, with a "stand in the bath" rusting showerhead.
I intend to re-visit this beautiful area again, but I wont be staying at the Royal

Dear Sir/Madman.

I'm sorry to read of your disappointment regarding the lunch with us at The Royal Hotel.

Could you please contact me direct at the hotel regarding this matter to allow me to investigate this further.

Email Address - royalobanmanager@strathmorehotels.com

As this is not usual business at The Royal Hotel.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room sizes vary but our room was a reasonable size that was comfortable, although not large. The bed was comfortable, which is one of the core requirements of a hotel. The bathroom was also good and appeared to have been recently remodelled and updated. The room was also tastefully decorated but our room had strong cooking odours coming from the nearby kitchen.

The hotel has a good size bar area on the ground floor with a good range of value-for-money meals and very good service. Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful.

There is a small store across the road that has a basic range of food and grocery items and wine.

The hotel is fairly centrally located in Oban, only a couple of hundred metres from the ferry terminal.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lindsay.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Royal Hotel.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a strong cooking odour smell coming from the kitchen below. This is something that we are looking into to try and get this moved so that this wont effect and of our guests during there time with us.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Royal and i will pass your lovely comments onto our team.

And we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location was excellent. But the rates were a bit on the high side . Hotel needs to refurbish. Room was clean but a bit small. The evening entertainment was fun with a three piece band and a piper who was really good !

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay.

We have got planned for the end of this year to get a refurb to our public areas as this is something that is most certainty needed. But we need to wait till the hotel isn't as busy to get this done.

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Scottish Show at the hotel. I will pass the lovely comments onto them.

And i hope that this doesn't stop you staying with us if you're in the Oban area again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an older but charming hotel, right near the center of town and the Harbour. Good home cooked food and lovely staff. This fishing village is fun to walk about and the sea side is lovely. There are quaint shops nearby.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at the Royal Hotel.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass the lovely comments onto our team.

Thanks again for leaving the lovely feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

When we entered the lobby to check in I thought omg what have I let us in for. The public areas were unwelcoming and run down. The room was fine, it had been redecorated and modernised to a good standard and was clean. The layout was quirky but you expect that in an older hotel. Car parking is restricted and not obvious, we had to use a public car park and walk to the hotel to check in because the lay by outside the hotel was blocked. Breakfast was fine , never tried the restaurant for main meals.