“Too Bland”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Three of us visited for a snack lunch in the lounge. Ample parking space, with glorious views of Banff beach on this sunny afternoon in April.
Greeted by friendly staff, we were shown to our table. Pleasant surroundings. Our orders took a long time to be taken (the place wasn't that busy). Even then our drinks took ages to appear (we didn't want them at the same time as our meal e.g. hot chocolate). When my hot chocolate did appear it was rank and utterly bland. Then our combos arrived. My Cullen Skink soup was ..... again bland. My sandwiches saved the day thankfully (crisp chicken with chilli sauce).
I was very surprised by the meal's overall blandness at such a prestigious hotel. I won't be coming back for some time unfortunately.
The toilets were spacious and very clean. A top grade toilet and the highlight of the visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We live quite close to The Banff Springs Hotel so pop in occasionally for a light lunch or sometimes a special meal. We went there for a birthday meal and had a really wonderful time. We decided to sit in the bar by the window overlooking the bay. A great choice. The food was lovely, it was reasonably priced and it is fast becoming one of our favourite places to eat.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

First time at the Banff springs for lunch. Really enjoyed the meal with a varied menu. I chose the chicken stroganoff and it was lovely with a lovely creamy sauce. Service was great and the restaurant was warm and inviting. Definitely return.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Beautifully cooked fish, well presented. I had the trio of desserts - lovely. Wine list was adequate and reasonably priced- it included suggestions for wine matching to the food on the menu which was a good idea. Staff were helpful and professional. Would recommend.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

7 of us reserved at Saturday lunch here at 1pm. A lovely sunny Winter's day in December.
Ample parking space. Friendly and helpful staff at reception. We studied the menu in the comfortable waiting area. The toilets were immaculate. We were shown to our table. Surrounding decor and general ambience was good. An option for our table to be by the window overlooking Banff beach in the distance and the snow capped mountains of northern Scotland would've been good.
When our meals arrived the presentation of them all was excellent. My meal was the best I've had in ages (compliments to the chef). I didn't want it to stop. What a treat. The waitress service (headed up by Sarah-Jane) was so good throughout.
We had a lovely time, which was in memory of my late father, whose birthday would have been today.