1,468 results
All reviews steak spa manager drench shower girls night junior suite roll top bath spa treatments mini bar afternoon tea birthday treat lovely hotel cooked to perfection bar and restaurant lovely room cooked breakfast saturday night union street
Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed here at the weekend and we had a lovely time. We had a meal in the restaurant which was lovely (lots of different types of steaks which the waiter described in great detail) and breakfast was great too. The room was huge and was very comfortable, would definitely recommend

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Benjamin B, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Dear Lynne,
thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am delighted you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant. We strive on delivering the true Mal Experience and our team are dedicated to make your stay as memorable as possible.
Thank you so much for your kind words,
I very much look forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Reviewed 4 February 2016

Fantastic lunch on Saturday 30/1...

Service 10/10
Food 10/10
Value 10/10

Had a deal 19.95 for a three course lunch with a glass of wine. Nothing was a bother at all. Waitress was fab. Lovely surroundings.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Benjamin B, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Dear Leaptlee8,
Thank you for taking the time to review your lunch with us.
I am delighted you enjoyed your time here in Aberdeen. Our teams are the true reflection of our success and we strive on delivering the true Mal experience.
Thank you so much for your fantastic rating and rest assured I have passed on your comments to our team.
I hope we can have to pleasure of having you dine with us again very soon,

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

I stay in hotels all over the world on a regular basis.
This hotel is way up there with the best. It's style, its staff, it's food, it's rooms, it's standard just cannot be faulted in any way.
The rooms are finished to an extremely high standard and everything is immaculately clean.
Was here on business but would definitely stay for leisure and will encourage colleagues to use also.

Good Job!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Benjamin B, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Dear Callum,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am delighted to hear such great feedback and we were able as a team to accommodate you and your guest.
It is always a pleasure to receive such fantastic comments and the team here is the key to our success.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back in Aberdeen very soon,

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

On arrival we were upgraded to the Crathes because our room wasn't ready. A few niggles about the suite as it is a little shabby around the edges (chopped woodwork etc) but the bathroom is HUGE and the staff all very welcoming. I'd stay here again particularly with the free upgrade!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Benjamin B, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Dear Speccie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am delighted to hear you have had a Mal moment while staying in our hotel and we delivered the true Mal experience.
We are going through several "touch ups" within our rooms and look forward to welcoming you again in Aberdeen very soon,

Reviewed 27 January 2016

My boyfriend and I were looking forward to catching up with all our friends in Aberdeen so we decided to treat ourselves with a 3 night stay here. Originally we'd booked two nights but then decided to book a third night, as a separate booking. On the site we were offered the upgrade and we decided to splash out for the Terrace Suite if it became available at the time of booking. It was an extra 200 euro for two nights but we were treating ourselves.
On arrival the reception and the building were very impressive and the bar looked swanky. I was excited. As soon as we entered the room, I was gobsmacked, it was massive but so dark. The lightning wasn't right at all. The bed looked amazing and the bath but the sink looked filthy and then my boyfriend, who likes everything, was like come and look at this. The couch had stains on it, it felt like we were in a 1 star Vegas Penthouse Suite. There was dust everywhere and I burst out crying. It was horrible. We hummed and harred but we'd paid a lot of money so we decided to phone down and complain and we got moved. Reception was apologetic and lovely about it.
We then got upgraded to the Executive Suite, it had the same vibe, dark, dingy and dirty. The couch was full of stains and the bathroom was the only thing going for it, the shower was amazing. We didn't want to complain again, but it's perfect as a hen or stag do but romantically it's beyond horrible. The 3rd night we decided to decline the upgrade and stay in the standard double room and can I just say, that was perfect. Lovely shower, very clean room, enough space and lots of light. I wouldn't stay in this hotel again but I would recommend the standard room to people just don't UPGRADE. I have to say though the staff were brilliant, I just feel these so called "4 star executive" rooms really do need a makeover.

Room tip: Stick with the Standard Rooms and you won't go wrong. Don't upgrade!!
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank thetravelinglou
Benjamin B, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Dear EdinburghItchyfeet,
thank you so much for taking the tie to review your stay with us.
I am so sorry you felt the standards of our suite were not acceptable and I have indeed passed on your comments and agreed an action plan with my team here.
We strive to ensure our suites are luxurious and comfortable always,
Please do contact me directly so we can resolve and ensure we restore our faith in our hotel,