Lowest prices for your stay
AU$111
HIExpress.com
AU$111
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Vio.com
AU$99
1,009 results
All reviews chapel street multi storey city centre car park limited parking the breakfast area saturday night beans breakfast was included one night stay member of staff seagulls sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2023

Great value for money on this centrally placed hotel. Clean and well equipped rooms. Friendly staff. The included breakfast is simple but includes warm dishes, cereals, bread and fruit: everything you need to start you off for the day. A stone's throw from Union Street is a perfect location for exploring Aberdeen. Would absolutely go back for another stay.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2023

A night away was planned for me and a friend to the theatre and decided to stay at the holiday inn express as it was a decent rate.

From the moment we walkex in we didnt mind waiting for the guests in front of us being seen to and we were happy to wait. When we eventually got served the were crossed wires with the reservation. Which was fine but it was implied i would have to pay for the reservation again. Even though i could provide i had already paid the money to booking.com.
I work in a 4 star hotel, i know how the booking system works as i have had to you it before and i am assuming it would be the same process for yourselves in which the money is held on virtual credit card that you can charge to obtain payment!
The tone of customer service wasnt ideal when i had refused to pay again as i had already paid. I had no problem paying the preauth of £50 but i wasnt paying the full thing again! Eventually we were checked in and give our room keys and head on up to our room. I was very disappointed as soon as i walked in i had booked a double with a sofa bed and the room was not set as requested. I had to ring reception, in order to report this and have it rectified. I was informed housekeeping were extremely busy and this would be rectified once we had left the hotel 30 minutes later to go out for dinner.
Without being rude considering this stay was off to a bad start and it was their mistake they should have been there asap to rectify it so that we had peace of mind before we left!

One the arrival of house keeping they made the sofa bed but had moved the desk chair against the wall in front of the radiator in which was firstly a trip hazard and restricted access, but also acts as a obstruction in case of emergency.
Before we left we moved the sofa bed and put the chair back under the desk in which they should have done before they left as if they are in the habit of leaving it like this for other guests this is ludicrous! We would also have had no heating as the seat would have absorbed it all!!!

Not to be picky but basic information of breakfast times, check out, wifi etc should be in the rooms to remind guests and not just in the lift!

Cleaning and hygiene - on closer inspection a long dark hair which was not our was located in the bathroom and the mould in the shower was far from ideal, as if this was treated regularly it might be easier to keep on top of.

The rest of the stay was much better and we left having had enjoyed ourselves, everyone wad very polite at breakfast. Its just a shame other departments are letting the establishment down

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2023

Hello, Tullol76

We truly care about your experience with us during your stay. Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre for your travel needs. This will indeed help us improve for you and other future guests.

I hope you can accept my humble apology for not meeting some of your expectations. I have shared your concerns with our local staff to ensure a much better quality of service in future stays. Our team of professionals is working on it as I write this reply. We truly enjoy delivering the most memorable experience for every guest.

Hopefully, we will get to host you again! We just can't wait to show you the improvements.

See you soon.

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 21 September 2023

I stayed at Holiday Inn express for 3 days on a business trip. The location is amazing with lots of tourist attractions and restaurants within walking distance.
I really liked the hospitality at the hotel. The staff was really kind and helpful, special shout-out to Maleeha who was lovely to talk to and was super helpful over the three days for anything I needed. Will stay here again if I visit Aberdeen again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2023 via mobile

We used this property as an overnight stop from isle of Skye to St Andrew’s. We only used the room and breakfast facilities and spent minimal time at the hotel. Rooms were above average as was the breakfast by Holiday Inn Express Standards. I have to say it was the best accommodations of the 5 Holiday Inn Express properties I stayed at in the UK.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2023 via mobile

Business people and others be aware of this joint. I’m used to having a credit card swipe for a stay but this crowd take it to the next level. I’ve just had my corporate card statement in and they don’t just take a nominal amount to secure the card they actually take £50. Okay they refund it on departure but that’s £50 of your money in their account for no reason. I’ve also had stuff charged back to the company in the past that I’ve not actually purchased. Be very aware. I’m up in Aberdeen every month. I won’t be staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2023

Hi terrya651,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and making IHG Hotels & Resorts a part of your travel.

We work very hard and strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express. Our goal is to offer a seamless and relaxing stay, and I'm sorry to learn that it didn't happen. We take feedback seriously and would like to know more about it, and share this with the relevant teams. I sent you a separate message and hope you respond soon.

Your loyalty is important to us. We hope you choose IHG Hotels & Resorts for your future travels.

Best Regards,