All reviews living room union street daily maid service honesty bar top floor home from home washing machine place to stay car park hotel room continental breakfast is fully equipped kitchen excellent accommodation self catering flights of stairs one bedroom apartment dvd player
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

A lovely set of terraces put together as a hotel. Great location with plenty of places to eat nearby.
Our ‘apartment’ had a bedroom, bathroom, living room and a kitchen. It had everything you could wish for - refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, stove, washer/dryer. The bed was comfortable and the shower was as hot as you like. At the rear was a secure parking area and we were able to park almost at our door. There is a 24 hr Reception with a lounge area and a private bar for customers - help yourself - first drink is free and and an honour system to pay for any other drinks. I was very impressed with the entire set up and would be more than happy to have the opportunity to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SkeneHouse, Manager at Skene House Holburn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are always grateful to hear directly from our guests, about how much they've enjoyed their stay with us.

We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and we have an exceptional team of staff who genuinely enjoy making our guests stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. All our reviews are posted on the staff noticeboards as it is a great morale booster.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Stayed Skene House Aberdeen for a weekend break with my partner as had been before numerous times. However have to say getting a bit tired and needing some TLC. Shower running cold despite on hottest setting, Hot tap in kitchen area wouldn't turn off! maybe a washer would suffice, Creaking floor boards, maybe a fresh lick of paint, and remote control batteries dead (for DVD player) to extent the acid was leaking out of them. Biggest disappointment though was breakfast. Last time there full cooked to order hot with lots of ingredients, Now a Bain Marie with a 5 sausages, 5 rashers of bacon, Beans and mushrooms, all cold, and if you order an egg will be colder waiting on it arriving. Also when I book a B&B I expect this, BED & BREAKFAST! not to have to pay an extra £30 on arrival if I wanted a breakfast! (Unfortunately Paid for before I seen what we were getting) Disappointed Skene Holburn.

Room Tip: No Lift, 65 Narrow stairs to top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Skene House Holburn after your stay with us. I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. The feedback we receive from the majority of our guests is normally positive, so any complaints are always taken seriously.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems you encountered with the shower and hot water tap while you were with us. We try to make our guests’ stays as comfortable as possible. I have checked back our maintenance reports for the dates you stayed, and our records show that these issues were resolved by our Maintenance team.

We have an on-going refurbishment programme across all our properties and are in the process of decorating some of our suites here at Skene House Holburn. We will continue with other blocks once this is completed.

I was disappointed to read about your negative breakfast experience and please accept my apologies for this. I have checked your booking and you booked a room only rate with us, breakfast was then offered to you at the rate of £7.50 per person. I can only apologise that the breakfast offering was not up to standard. We will make sure that this is investigated, and more training given where necessary.

Again, I am sorry that we did not meet your requirements during this stay. Your comments are very much appreciated, as they are one of the best tools we have for maintaining and improving our standards for guest comfort and satisfaction.

Manager

Reviewed 4 October 2018

After the debacle on my first visit, I took a second chance to book Skene house on an overnight trip up to Aberdeen recently. Well, this time everything worked fine. Room was clean, there was hot water, good heating, ample space and very quiet - perfect for a good rest. location is central is which ideal.

I was offered breakfast but declined so couldn't comment on it.

Room Tip: top floors are definitely quiet
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
SkeneHouse, Operations Manager at Skene House Holburn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Skene House Holburn. I'm sorry to hear that your first stay with us was not up to standards but I am delighted that you enjoyed this stay with us. Hopefully we can welcome you back to Skene House again on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Kind regards,
Carly Simmers

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Im not saying this will work every time but if you go to Ryanair Rooms and click on the Eire site , it was nearly 10% cheaper than booking direct or through any other booking site. You also get 10% cashback towards future Ryanair flights.

Anyway, Staff were great. Originally assigned a 2nd floor apt, I explained about my wife's Knee problem - (I hadn't informed them- so my fault) and hey presto, we were moved to a ground floor apt. Spotless and had everything we needed and more.
Breakfast was good valur at £7.50.

There is free coffee/ tea in the reception/ lounge area. There is a small self service bar too. It works on the "honour" basism with your first drink complimentary.
Union street is just round the corner, and theres a couple of pubs opposite. One,the Glentana had live music on Fri and Sat nights

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SkeneHouse, Operations Manager at Skene House Holburn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Skene House Holburn. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our staff were great and able to move you to a ground floor apartment on arrival. We do try our best to accommodate all of our guest requests.

I'm also very pleased to read that your enjoyed our breakfast offering and found it to be good value for money. Our honour bar is also something a bit different and is very popular with our guests.

Thank you again for leaving us a review and I hope we can welcome you back to Skene House in the future.

Kind regards,
Carly Simmers

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

The apartment was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Wish this hotel was I more cities. Location was in the heart of Aberdeen, with restaurants and pubs all out the door. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay her again if I get the opportunity to visit Aberdeen again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
SkeneHouse, Manager at Skene House Holburn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Skene House Holburn. It was lovely to read that you were pleased with the standard of the accommodation we offer. Our suites allow guests to enjoy the comforts of their own apartment as well as the facilities of a hotel and it does indeed give you excellent value for money.

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Skene House Holburn in the future.

Manager