Lowest prices for your stay
AU$133
Fully refundable before Thu, 29 Feb
Hotels.com
AU$164
Fully refundable before Thu, 29 Feb
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews royal deeside macaroni fish and chips main road allotments sainsburys
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2022 via mobile

Stayed over whilst at a conference at a nearby hotel. Ate in the restaurant and it was lovely. Staff were great, served quickly and food was good. Room clean and large. Unfortunately the carpet was light which must be a nightmare to try to remain stain free. Bathroom was large and spotlessly clean, nice towels.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2022

We hadn’t been to The Cults Hotel fur a few years but chose to celebrate a family birthday by having a meal here. I wish we hadn’t. On arrival we waited for what I would consider to be an uncomfortable amount of time to even be acknowledged by passing staff, let alone be shown to our pre booked table. Ordering appeared to fine enough but when our table water was placed down it was done so with, what I unfortunately and surprisingly have to describe as “attitude”. We dismissed this at the time but after receiving our food - which was pleasant enough - no one returned to “check back” to enquire if all was well, or if we required anything else. We had all clearly finished our first courses for some time and various members of staff were clearing up and/or resetting tables around us (it wasn’t busy at all) without a glance our direction. We we’re going to order deserts but clearly weren’t going to be attended to for clearing away our plates, let alone ordering another course. I wondered if this was because it was three pm and service finished at four? Plenty time for a courtesy check but we were entirely ignored and it looked deliberate. So no sweet treat for the birthday girl - or indeed any of us. As I said, the food itself was okay but the attitude and manner of staff was unwelcoming, unpleasant and if I’m honest unnecessarily rude. I never thought I’d be writing a negative review about this place from previous years experiences but felt compelled after such a negative encounter on what should have been a joyous occasion. Unpleasant.

Reviewed 19 October 2022

Hotel was more run down that the pictures. We were woken up at 5am Sunday morning by cleaning staff hoovering outside our room and banging on the door and skirting boards. When asked politely if this was his usual schedule he was really abrupt, didn't apologise and blamed management. I said I understood he didn't set the schedule and reported this to the front desk staff in the morning and asked for the manager to call me to discuss as we have a 9 hour drive ahead of us in the morning and unfortunately couldn't get back to sleep after the disruption. He never called and so this has not been resolved. My first ever hotel review but I just wanted to warn others....Don't stay here if you want to have a sleep, not worth the money or the unpleasantness!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2022

Just back from a nights stay at this hotel. Staff friendly but thats about it. Room 7 was noisy, in need of refurbishment also had a strong drain smell comig from bathroom, also whole hotel in need of a very deep clean.Blinds in restuarant were filthy also lamp shades in restuarant full of dust and dont think the stairs had been hoovered for days. Meals were ok and so was breakfast.

Room tip: Ask for room at back of hotel
Reviewed 15 September 2022 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about this excellent small hotel, well located on the western fringe of Aberdeen and the eastern edge of Royal Deeside. Just been there with a group of golfers, and it was a perfect location for our visit to the courses of the area. Rooms recently and very well refurbished. Spacious, comfy, nicely set up bathrooms, great coffee set up. The hotel sits close to North Deeside Road, I had a front room and worried a bit about the noise, but it was no problem at all, with windows open. Excellent food, very nice bar. But the real USP was the staff. Welcoming, friendly, always happy to take the extra step. Bit of a crisis on our last morning as there was a water main break (not nearby, and clearly no fault of the hotel). No water at all for a couple of hours. Staff rallied and provided terrific bacon/sausage rolls to replace the usual (excellent) breakfast buffet, kept us informed and even, entirely without our asking, put a small discount on our bills. Great place, great staff. Go.

Date of stay: September 2022