Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
finny2010
hawick

"Great"

Review of Colwyn Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 July 2010
The stay at the hotel was good. The people working hear were good people and i made some good friends for life.I was sharing a room with a work colleague .There was always good entertainment, food, and banter. the bed was comfy. clean shower. always made to feel welcome. Spot on!!
Date of stay: July 2010
    AU$50
  • Travelodge
6.2 km from Colwyn Hotel
View more hotels in Aberdeen
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2010

After showing my wife where i've been staying before going offshore for the last 10 years I was horrified to read some of the previous reviews. I thought it was my duty as a regular at this hotel to set the record straight, As far as i'm aware the property over the last 20 years hasn't had any sort of work to improve the state of the rooms or building itself but over the last year or so there has been a vast improvement throughout the Hotel. Anyone who is expecting 4 or 5 star qaulity rooms from a hotel that charges £25 for a standard single room is simply a fool, the rooms i've stayed in over the last year or so have all been lovely with new furniture which I would happilly have in a house of my own and if ur lucky to get the rite room new flat screen TV's aswell and to say that the rooms are dirty well fair enough maybe in the past it was a bit dodgy but certainly not anymore. So there you have it it's off my chest now.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2008

I am writing to say that my stay in the Colwyn have always been pleasurable John the owner has always been pleasant ok the rooms are a bit to be desired but you get what you pay for the bar downstairs is great you can sit in there and relax after a hard days work. Brilliant

Date of stay: September 2006
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 12 June 2008

this place is awful.it is rundown, smelly,dirty and should be avoided at all costs. My room was on the ground floor with a big sash window which had no catch to keep it closed. the carpet was filthy, the main light did not work. the radiator had no control and there was a fan heater which I would not go near, as the electrics and wiring looked ancient. the loo flush broke immediately, the sink was cracked and the shower cubicle was mouldy. the shower only provided slightly warm water, although sink did give hot water. Breakfast was cereal and 2 bits of white toast. The bar looked awful, only went into it to check in and out.

Date of stay: June 2008
1  Thank mischka66
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I felt I had to contribute to this website having read the reviews placed by previous residents.

I found my recent stay at the Colwyn to be particularly pleasant, the room catering for my limited needs and the staff more than helpful. The hotel is in central Aberdeen yet noise levels were minimal, ensuring I awoke from my restful slumber in the large, comfortable bed, fresh-faced and raring to go for the busy day that lay ahead.

Room facilities were excellent, with the provision of tea making facilities a particular highlight - imagine my astonishment when I returned to the room at the end of the day to find that the hotel had replenished the twin pack of Bourbon biscuits I had wolfed down earlier in the day - now that's what I call service!!!

Another nice touch was the provision of a fire escape within the bedroom. I'm not sure if this comes as "standard" in all rooms however it's nice to think that the safety of guests is paramount.

All in all the hotel is fantastic and, as detailed above, clearly customer focussed. I would recommend it for those wishing to stay for 1 night or 1 month, it really is a fantastic place to base yourself when in the city.

In short, a hidden gem.

Date of stay: February 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 January 2008

i stayed at ur hotel well working near by and found my room untidy and uncoftbell it smelled like smoke on arrivel and also on arrival i had no tv controler i also did not like the food u had on offer for bar meal i would not recamend u to anyone eles and have already gave a report to my work on the hope that i do not have to stay with you again.

Date of stay: January 2008