1,179 results
All reviews union street vue cinema maritime museum aberdeen centre reduced rate rail station tea and coffee facilities central location excellent location comfy bed car park short stay good nights sleep key card reception staff business trip pleasant stay
Reviewed 2 October 2015

I stayed at the IBIS Aberdeen Centre earlier this week and had tremendous service and will definitely stay there again. I have travelled extensively and stayed in hundreds of hotels and to be honest really just expect hotels like the Ibis to be "OK".

However i was very pleasantly surprised. Overall the staff were very accommodating, but the chef (Daniel Kristoff) was outstanding. My son has a food allergy which we only mentioned in passing as we had no expectation of any special treatment.

However Daniel enquired in detail and returned with a fantastic response, resulting in us having a great meal and feeling special.

Even though Daniel deserves special mention,all the other staff were also very helpful, making a business trip very relaxing and enjoyable.

i strongly recommend you try this place of you have any plans to visit Aberdeen

peter

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Attila S, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear blackhampete,

Thank you very much for posting this glowing 5-star review following your recent stay at ibis Aberdeen Centre.
It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests felt special in our hotel and found the staff members extremely helpful.
I cannot thank you enough for providing your kind feedback naming our great staff member Daniel, who feels very valued and recognised knowing that he made your and your son's stay memorable.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and meet you personally.

Kind Regards,
Anita Zsoldos
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 30 September 2015

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Attila S, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Reviewed 30 September 2015

This place was small and the bathroom is on top of you. But it is a budget place - so get what you pay for. Great location - right near airport bus. Easy walk to restaurants and bars etc. We stayed over a weekend - so a bit noisy. We did have a view of the harbour so that was good. Did not eat here. Parking next door - had to pay for it but you get about a 20% discount from Ibis.

Date of stay: August 2015

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel.
It was our great privilege to look after you during your stay. We hope you will return soon leaving with the similar excellent experiences but far less noisy.
ibis Aberdeen Centre

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

Checked in to the ibis and didn't expect much as this was a stop over trip to take part in a charity race the next day. Took a shower the night we were staying and then went to dry my hair in the room. I unplugged the hair dryer but the plug was so hot it actually burned and blistered my finger. I then unplugged my new iPhone charger and it was almost as hot.
I spoke to staff at reception and they seemed to be unable to care any less. I said I had been burned and instead of apologising and making sure my blistering finger was okay they informed me they would send a maintianence person to the room. I asked to change room as I did not want to plug anything else in and we were accommodated with that request. However, I received no apology and no form of care from either of the 2 staff members at the time or there after.
I work in the hospitality industry and this is no way to treat a customer. I will never return to an ibis or Mer mercure hotel again due to such a poor alstaff attitude towards customers and safety.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank emma m
Attila S, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Dear Emma,
Thank you very much for bringing this incident into my attention, I wish you have contacted me personally in the hotel also. Please accept my sincere apology. I can assure you that Health and Safety as much as Fire Safety is our priority and all electronic connections just have been tested last week. If you need any assistance or you wish to discuss your case further please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail to H5170-GM@accor.com.
I will also carry out a refresh training with all staff member in order to treat any reported problem much better in the future.
Ibis Aberdeen

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

this hotel is located in the center of the city. I could go shopping and dinner in just 5 mins of walking. rhe room where I stayed was big enough for me. WiFi works very well. I had no problem to stay in this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying and recommending ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel. It was our great pleasure to welcome and look after you.
We hope to see you again soon.
ibis Aberdeen Centre