“What a experience ”

Bogside History Tours
Ranked #2 of 21 Tours in Derry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This walking tour deals with events in Bogside area of Derry City known world wide as Bloody Sunday. The company was set up by some of the relatives that were shot on the day of Bloody Sunday. This hour long walking tour will begin in the center of Derry at the Guildhall and will retrace part of the original march. The tour will the take you into the heart of Derry's Bogside area and visit the places where Bloody Sunday occurred. The tour will pass the Museum of Free Derry and finish at the Bloody Sunday monument on Rossville Street in sight of Free Derry Corner and just below Derry's world famous walls. This walking tour will cover the Civil Right era and Bloody Sunday in great detail and also cover both inquiries into the day. This is the authentic Bloody Sunday tour that no other tour guide company can offer. Political tour of Derry with an insight from family members. Derry walls walking tour. Explore derry's four hundred years old walls with local and knowledgeable guides. Taxi tours of Derry City are also offered as well as half and full day tours of Donegal and the Antrim coast.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have to say first of all that George was a fantastic guide with all that he told us about bloody Sunday, which I found a real eye opener and also very sad at how many young people lost there lives.
I also enjoyed the Free Derry museum which was also very educational.
I would recommend this tour for anyone who is coming to Derry, no I think everyone should come to Derry from were every you are from and do this tour and also finish the tour in the Free Derry museum.
Thanks again George for the wonderful experience

3  Thank Decok79
"events leading up"
in 11 reviews
"great insight"
in 18 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"personal touch"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

An amazing insight into modern day history brought alive by the knowledge and passion of our guide Paul.This is a must do tour and a privilage to have walked in the steps of history....Thank you Gary,Gaynor Rhondda Valley

3  Thank Gary W
Reviewed 3 April 2018

It’s difficult to capture in words the experience of seeing firsthand the site of so many recent tragedies, especially with a guide who experienced them in his youth. The Bogside part of our tour (where some of the worst violence occurred during the “Troubles”) nearly knocked my family off our feet. It was somber and inspiring. We then went on to see Giants’ Casueway, the Dark Hedges, and Castle Dunluce. All of it was spectacular in its own way. Our guide, Neil, was warm, inviting, patient, and accommodating. We couldn’t have asked for more. Highly recommended.

3  Thank IPTripper
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was visiting Derry a few weeks ago, and it was my first time in Ireland altogether. As a londoner, I was extremely ignorant over Ireland's recent history, and this tour really opened my eyes. Neil is a brilliant tour guide, and the tour he gave was thorough, heavy, and above all, real. Moving, thought-provoking and honest, I certainly learnt a lot. Excellent tour, would highly recommend. Cheers Neil

3  Thank NumNut123