“Fab! ”

Ranked #2 of 220 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: USD 19 - USD 38
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lebanon is a small country on the Eastern coast of the Mediterranean. The cuisine tends to be more varied and refined than its Middle Eastern neighbours. Vegetarians will be at home in any Lebanese restaurant as they include many vegetarian healthy options. Close your eyes and pretend you've been transported to another world and back to the Middle East. It's a small oasis walking through the door of Cedar bringing you to an unexpected space. It is a must in any tour of the maiden city. City of culture 2013 A true taste of Lebanon. Open Wednesday-Saturday 5:30-9:30 pm A warm welcome awaits one and all. Available for private parties max 30 people
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious Lebanese food.... highly recommend a mezze to begin. Also loved the BYOB option as wine is expensive in Derry restaurants. Definitely worth a visit - the Baklava is a must eat dessert!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We have just returned from eating in this restaurant tonight. It really is a lovely wee place. small, but nice atmosphere. Never ate Lebanese before, & my son isn't fond of spicy food, so we weren't sure how this would go! We needn't have worried.
As another reviewer mentions, there is a 'taster' option. We have the Mezza for 4 as starters, with a selection of hot & cold starters. The main courses, too, were extremely tasty for all of us. The flavours/spices with my marinated chicken slices were superb. Rich, lovely flavours.
The deserts were also superb!
And coffee was very good!
Staff very pleasant & helpful. Food served in good time.
Well recommended. I know others in town have spoken highly of them.
I really wish them well.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This is a small restaurant in a side street in Derry but what a find. We have been here twice and actually traveled from our home town 90 miles away because we were so impressed the first time round and the food was so good. Totally authentic Lebanese food, a gracious hostess and pleasant staff. It is a little gem. Will definitely return and have been recommending it to our friends. What a pity we can’t have places like this in armagh or Belfast.

2  Thank karynArmagh
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Such a friendly wee place. Make you feel welcome and very happy to help with the menu and give great advice. I liked the cauliflower and the babaganosh a lot as well as the chicken kebabs.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

My wife and I have known about this restaurant for some time but have only visited twice before, which I now am slightly embarrassed to admit but after last nights meal we will definitely be returning on a more regular basis.

As a chef myself I have worked in London where I have prepared full Lebanese meals with Lebanese chefs for Lebanese customers while working at The International Sporting Club on Park Lane and the detail in the preparation was immense. It was a 7 hour service to complete and each course was separated by serving a selection of exotic fruits.

Understanding this detail makes it easier to express how good last nights meal was and the effort involved in producing it.

We were pleasantly greeted at the door by the daughter, who was very attentive the whole way through the meal, of the Lebanese chef and owner Simon Matta. As a curiosity we always enquire who was the chef and got the beautifully simple and perfect answer "Me Daddy".

I have always loved Mezza and it was an obvious option for me to go for what I consider my big hitters Babagahnosh, Hummus, Tabbouli, Falafel and Feta Cheese Manakish.
Lamb Shawarma and Sea Bass were our two main courses

The flavours in the Mezza from the smoked roasted eggplant in the Babagahnosh with pomegranate seeds on top to the freshness and pallete cleansing qualities of the Tabbouli salad were second to none. The light warm pitta bread made it perfect for completely finishing every morsel of food in every Mezza crockery container, I was sad it ended.

The main course of Lamb Shawarma with the bombardment of perfectly balanced spices actually made me put my fork down and savour the flavour for a time before I began to enjoy the thought of finishing the rest....slowly!

The perfectly seasoned rice dish with toasted almonds and the garnish of Cabbage with traditional Lebanese salad dressing was again spectacular.

The second main of Sea Bass with artichoke mixed peppers could not have went down better for my wife. We were constantly sharing and complimenting the full meal and looking forward to the next visit already.

There were lots of side orders on over but not for us. What we had was more than exceptional in both quality and quantity

Thank you for the experience and will see you soon

John and Deirdre

We finished with the selection of Lebanese tray bakes which were both delightful and finished off in seconds.

We have already planned the start of what will be a regular attendance at the quality restaurant and I am counting down the hours

4  Thank JohnMcAnee