Beech Hill Country House Hotel
Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast(Derry)(Great Value!)
USD 99*
USD 96*
USD 184*
USD 117*
Priceline
Groarty House & Manor B&B(Derry)(Great Value!)
USD 81*
USD 78*
USD 88*
USD 84*
Chamberlain House(Derry)(Great Value!)
USD 82*
USD 80*
City Centre B&B(Derry)(Great Value!)
USD 73*
USD 146*
USD 126*
HotelsClick
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbill clintonduring wwiiwater wheelwalking trailsmaster suitehotel groundssecond world warwalled gardenantique furniturepublic roomslounge barsuperior roomhuge bedrelaxing breakwedding partynorthern irelandboth nights
Reviewed 15 December 2010

This was a truely memorable stay. I can't say that too often. Steeped in Irish and American history this hotel is comfortable and elegant but has all the mod cons required. Hearty Irish breakfast served by the owner - now when does that happen in such an establishment? Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

First off, I agree with the last reviewer and agree Beech Hill would be a 3-star rating. I have neither love nor hate for this hotel, we've stayed here several times now. It's handy for visiting a friend in the nearby city. The hotel is currently undergoing exterior work and one side is fully scaffolded, and unsurprisingly, that's where our latest room was situated. When we entered the room, there was an overwhelming odour of mould and spores ... my other half offered to see if they'd change our room, but I rarely like to be bothered doing that, once you've hauled suitcases up flights of stairs ... it'd need to have a dead rodent before I'd bother ... so we couldn't open the window as I didn't want any more dust/spores in. The room was cold initially, but we whacked the heat up, as usual, then left for several hours ... when we returned, it was like the middle east in June. I yet again berated myself for my stupidity, I've just never been to any hotel anywhere else where guests have such free reign with the temperature - old, cold folks would just love it. On the plus side, the beds are big, and comfy. The bathroom shower-head was quite grotty, otherwise the shower worked fine. Bizarrely, the toiletries on offer were shampoo and bath gel, but no shower gel ... they seemed okay anyway. In the breakfast room, the heat was again stifling ( but this was maybe magnified by our slightly hungover condition ). I'd have loved the menu option, but there were just the usual cereal options. The fruit juices are cheap and not good. The cooked breakfast option seemed to just be the usual fried bread and meats in the heated bain-marie, we weren't offered any alternative this time. I must say, my biggest overall gripe was with the poor quality of the cooked food - I hate paper-thin, scrawny cheap bacon; sawdust sausages and cheap black and white pudding. I wish the owners would cut back on the heat a bit and up the food quality. Cutting corners on food is always a mistake. But I remain ambivalent about the place, believe it or not ! We'll stay here again, possibly in the basement next time ... !!

1  Thank BERRYCHERRY83
Reviewed 22 November 2010

We arrived at approx 1 pm and to be honest we didn't expect to get checked in as it was early, however the lady on reception was very friendly and we were shown to our room right away. The room was absolutely freezing when we walked in, we were told they weren't expecting us so early and would switch on the heat right away which she did although it took a couple of hours for it to heat. We went into Londonderry for a few hours and when we came back the room was lovely and warm. We had booked a superior room and it was spacious and nicely decorated and the bathroom was clean and was a good size.
We decided to eat in the hotel as we wanted to enjoy a few drinks so we booked a table in the restaurant. We looked at several different menus and would've liked the early menu which was very reasonably priced however it consisted mostly of fish dishes which was strange as there is usually a dish of beef, chicken and fish available on these type of menus. That was slightly disappointing. However we ate from the set menu and the food and service was absolutely fantastic. We sat in the lovely bar area in big comfy seats in front of the fire which was really relaxing and romantic. There was a wedding on when we were there but this did not affect our stay in any way.
Breakfast was just okay, a buffet style. There was a huge breakfast menu in the bedroom but this did not appear in the morning. The breakfast menu looked lovely and I really wanted the crepes but this menu was not offered and we just ate from the buffet as did everyone else. I've had a better breakfast but also had worse.
Overall we had a lovely stay although I would class this hotel as a 3 star rather than a 4 star.

1  Thank alfie999
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This Country manor hotel is like, what an archeologist would want to discover...a hidden treasure!!!

Everything about Beechill, is steeped in history and is a hidden gem to the North of Ireland.
Travellers home or from abroad should not miss an opportunity to cherish, the warmth of hospitality, that you are given by the owner Patsy and her impeccable serving staff during your stay. Your meals are prepared by a talented chefs, and only want boost the fantastic taste of Ulster from coast of Irelands produce.
The ambience of this hotel cant help oouse it,,, as it is drenched with deccant classic antique interior and exterior features....... that you would have to pay for, at any National trust property museums.
I would support wholeheartly, the loving passionate owner,that is actively fighting for its current updating restoration and I wish her the best of luck in achieving her future dreams to keep Beechill country manor hotel in its finer glory. Its hard when you have been left, remembering the warmth and charming interior,,,that just screamed of time trapped age. For me this is no longer a hidden treasure but a kept one,, to enjoy over and over and over again.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

My husband booked this hotel for our anniversary and I have to say from the moment we stepped into the reception we had a fantastic time.
The staff were warm and friendly, couldn't do enough for us.
The room was lovely, very comfortable and welcoming.
The food in the restaurant was amazing, we haven't had such a good meal in years.
The grounds are beautiful and showed off the Autumn colours to perfection.
I think we will definately be back for our anniversary next year!

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple