All reviews bill clinton during wwii water wheel master suite hotel grounds walled garden public rooms lounge bar huge bed superior room relaxing break wedding party northern ireland both nights derry city second to none few drinks
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - all were friendly and very welcoming.
But the room we had was truly awful. Our twin beds were separated by a three inch gap and my bed was on a slope so I spent a really uncomfortable night. But the worst problem with the room was the totally inadequate shower over the bath: a trickle of warm (at best) water dribbled out of the shower head and never reached beyond the plughole. A horrible experience and not expected at £95 a night.
The staff in the dining room tried their best but no one seemed to be in charge.
Breakfast was similarly confused and the tea was horrid.
A lovely place to look at but not to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Patricia150
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here on business for one night and I cant recommend it enough. A perfect hotel for the lone traveller, very welcoming , lovely ambience and food supberb, will definitley stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Newry_10
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I spent two nights in the Beech Hill Country House with my mother and I can honestly say that I did not have one complaint.
From the moment we arrived, the staff were extremely friendly and informative about both the hotel and Derry itself. We were on a leisure break which meant we had to have our dinner in the hotel both nights but we didn't mind at all. The restaurant is quite small but big enough to accommodate all guests and has a cosy feeling. The food itself was gorgeous on both nights and the home made bread is a bonus. There must have been six different types of fresh bread to be enjoyed along with your starter and main course and it changed both nights.
After dinner on the second night we sat in one of the lounges. They have fires which give it a homely feel and the atmosphere is perfect for a relaxing evening.
The room itself was also very cosy and spacious. There was a single bed and a double, although you could easily have fitted three people into the double. They were also very comfortable allowing for a great nights sleep.

All in all, we loved the hotel and will certainly stay there again if we are visiting the area. It's a credit to Pat, the owner and rightly deserves the praise.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank All-Year-Round
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have stayed at this wonderful hotel on a number of occasions. So close to the city centre but yet not near the huste and bustle. I would guess it is approx 5 mins from the shops at Lisnagelvin. The staff are fautless, the hotel is amazing and the grounds are stunning. I must also give credit to the kitchen. As a bit of a fussy eater, I sometimes struggle to have waiters and chefs interpret what I would like. No such problem at Beech Hill. I have had rooms in both the new and old quarters and they are all amazing. Free WIFI is a real bonus. Why do some hotels charge for this? Crazy.

Ah, don't forget the hotel cat! The staff lovlngly look after this old moggy. Such good hearted people. Looking forward to my next visit already.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GlasgowTraveller123
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful overnight stay in Beech Hill Country House Hotel. The whole experience was exceptional. The hotel itself is cosy and welcoming with everything that you could need. The bedroom and bathroom were beautiful in decor and very comfortable. The hotel accommodation is only topped by the service. From the time we arrived the hospitality was exceptional. From the receptionist Brenda to the bar and restaurant staff we couldn't have asked for nicer service. We would like to congratulate you on the way you look after your guests. Claire B

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple