All reviewsbill clintonduring wwiiwater wheelmaster suitehotel groundswalled gardenpublic roomslounge barhuge bedsuperior roomrelaxing breakwedding partynorthern irelandboth nightsderry citysecond to nonefew drinks
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We are just back from an overnight stay in The Beech Hill House Hotel. We were put in a beautifully appointed new room with all mod cons and a lovely bathroom. We were warmly welcomed to the hotel and given a 'wee' tour. The bar lounge is a beautiful old room which leads into the dining room. We ate in the hotel and were not disappointed.... Breakfast was super and none of us (a party of five) required lunch... best porridge for a long time...thanks!! We'll be back soon I hope as there is lots to see and do in Derry/Londonderry.

Room Tip: There are well appointed rooms in the original part of the hotel so if you want a 'traditional' room request one of those...the new rooms are fabulous, though on a previous visit we stayed in the traditional room and loved it...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I attended a wedding in Co.Derry last Friday and opted to stay in Beech Hill-and what a fortuitous choice it turned out to be. My 95 year old mother was with me and my request for adjoining rooms was complied with. We were actually in a new extension which I believe only opened last December so everything was extremely fresh and new. The beds were 6' wide, lovely and high, and on returning from the wedding reception at almost midnight my mother was immediately offered a hot water bottle which I thought was a considerate, personal touch. We enjoyed a lovely buffet breakfast the next morning and I was only sorry we had to leave immediately after it for Dublin. I certainly intend to return with my husband and spend more time there enjoying the lovely lounge, the interesting photos of historical significance,
the grounds and the dining experience. I met a guest after breakfast who was there for the 12th time so I thought that was telling in itself. Well done to all and many thanks.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room in the main house?
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had a lovely relaxing stay at the Beech Hill Country House Hotel. The service and food were excellent and we really appreciated the complimentary upgrade to a suite. We had an excellent dinner on the Saturday evening. We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and i are just back from a weekend stay at the Beech Hil Hotel, we didn't want to leave! From the moment we arrived until we left we don't have 1 complaint. Ashleigh on reception is the most pleasant receptionist we have come across, she made sure we knew exactly were everything was and walked us to our room making sure we were happy with everything. The bar area is gorgeous and so cozy with two fires either end of the room were you can sit in a totally relaxed atmosphere.The staff can't do enough for you and are all very pleasant, we wanted to make a few changes to our meal which was done with no problem at all, the food was gorgeous, the other guests were also commenting on what a great meal they had.This will be our new home away from home,we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 29 which had a gorgeous bath in the corner and a massive bed which you could get lost in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed overnight last night and it was fantastic. Arrived just after 2pm and once we where booked in we had a cold but beautiful walk around the grounds only to come inside and sit by the fire in the lounge with and Irish Coffee.... just heaven. We then went to our room and just lay on the bed relaxing... had a shower and down for dinner.
The meal was excellent and the home made bread is to die for. We then sat relaxing in the lounge again chatting to other residents.
The bedroom is so big, and comfortable and above all warm and cosy. The bed is massive and so comfortable. Had a brilliant nights sleep.
Down for breakfast in the morning and WOW what a start to the day.

We have stayed here before a few times and I know this wont be our last. The staff are so friendly, helpful, and nothing is a problem for them and the hotel is spotless, spacious and so warm and comfortable and homely.

Thank you to Patsy, Connor, Brenda and all the staff. Hope to see you again before long .

Room Tip: We stayed in room 31 and it is a beautiful suite, so quiet and warm and cosy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple