“Comfortable cottage, great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front of cottage
My Bonnie chillaxing in the sun
Front bedroom
Bathroom
Full Bath with overhead electric shower
Private back garden
Patio area
View from back garden across the bay
View from front garden towards Newcastle
View of shore at back of harbour
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Any
elmwood72
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Comfortable cottage, great location”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Had a lovely stay, very well equipped and clean cottage with great views. Very convenient for walks, food, beach and the amusements for the kids. We will be back.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
1 Aug 2016
Thank you Stephen for your kind review. Pleased you and the family enjoyed your stay and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back anytime. Kindest regards. Anne
hammersi
Preston, United Kingdom
“Widow's WOW!!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This fantastic cottage lived up to all expectations!
From arrival and being met by the very friendly and hospitable owner Anne, everything was as we wished!
A very well furnished and homely accommodation with fantastic views from the front and rear gardens. Secure so we could let our dog wander around freely.
The accommodation was absolutely spotless and had everything you could need for self catering!
The cottage is about a mile south of Newcastle centre and promenade, but a lovely walk along side the sea wall!
There is the famous 'Granite Trail' walk directly from the rear of the property and the forest and Mourne Mountains are within easy reach.
I would definitely recommend this cottage, my partner and our Border Collie loved it, it is very dog friendly!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Jul 2016
Simon, thank you so much for such a prompt fantastic review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Security for dogs and children is of utmost importance to me. As I am a dog owner myself, I know how important it is that my guests feel that their pets, and indeed children, are safe. I haven't had any escape so far!! Maybe you will visit again. It would be lovely to see you all. Take care and many thanks for visiting.
Darla G
Sidney
“Absolutely perfect - host, location, cottage - perfect.”
Reviewed 21 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Stayed at Widow's Row for ten days in June with my husband. We were there to visit our 19 year old daughter who had been living in Newcastle for the past year. The cottage was perfect for our little family reunion and she stayed with us most nights as there was plenty of room and she adored the bed and bedding! The cottage has absolutely everything you could need - I cooked a lot of meals and was never short of anything. The living room is cozy and comfortable with a lovely view. Location is great - we walked a lot - both into Newcastle and up into the hills for the walking trails. Could spend a lot more time in this area and in this cottage. Anne is the perfect host - met us at the bus, took us for groceries and gave my husband driving tips so he would be ready for the rental car. She is just great. Definitely on our list to return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Anne, the view, and the absolute coziness
Liked least: that we had to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Jul 2016
Darla, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a lovely review.
I was glad to be able to help in any way I could. I'm so pleased you enjoyed the cottage and it would be great to see you back again in the future. Kindest Regards.
Anne
Samantha...
“Amazing Cottage”
Reviewed 23 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Stayed at Annes cottage for 2 nights at the start of May with my husband, 2 sons age 6 & 9, and Ruby our 2 year old cocker spaniel. Received a lovely welcome from Anne upon arrival. Cottage was well equipped & felt like home from home. The views & location of cottage are great aswell. We enjoyed walks along the beach & in the forrest situated out back, Ruby especially. Spent an afternoon in the town centre which the boys loved - dodgems, joke shop, chips & ice-cream! Had a nice meal in the Harbour Bar which is just across the road from the cottage. Enjoyed our stay so much we have already booked to return next year.

23 Jun 2016
Thanks Samantha for such a lovely review. So glad the family and Ruby enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you all next Easter. Kindest regards. Anne
audrey3aj...
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My three children and I had a two night break at widows row cottage and wow! Words can not describe how amazing this place is. It's definitely something that needs to be experienced. The view, the house, the location,the owner all fantastic. Anne makes you feel like you've known her all you're life'! She has thought on everything to make your stay so amazing. The house is immaculate,so well decorated and equipped,just out of this world! Will definitely be back,this time for longer

Travelling group: Young Children
19 Jun 2016
Audrey, Thank you so much for such a glowing review. It was a pleasure to have you and your family and of course the little dog to stay. I'm delighted you want to come back again and I'd love to see you all. You were the perfect guest and left the cottage immaculate, for that I want to thank you. Also the chocolates and your card was were much appreciated. Thanks so much. Take care and regards to the family. Anne
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing