All reviewscosta coffeesea viewhotel restaurantcodfront of housefood was lovelysea fronttwo night stayrathlin islandcooked breakfastfamily roomgiants causewaydark hedgesgame of thronesyogurtbistrofoyer
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Decided to visit the area after a family event in Belfast so that we could visit the Giants Causeway, Port Ballintoy Harbour and The Dark Hedges at Ballymoney. Both of the latter were used as film locations in Game of Thrones. Really beautiful part of the world. The staff at The Marine Hotel in Ballycastle made our stay easy, the hotel is warm and comfortable and in an excellent location.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
MHGenManager, Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Hi Michael

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Friendly hotel with welcoming staff. Spacious clean rooms. Good wifi connection stunning view over the beach from the bedroom window (see attached photo). All in all a pleasant stay. Would certainly come back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert D

Hi Robert

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

We had an excellent stay at the Marine Hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful giving us advice on things to do in the town. The food was really good and the breakfast more than enough to set you up or the day.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Hi Oreillyman

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I will ensure that all your lovely comments are passed on to the entire team. We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

If I could put a minus rating I would. I was up with family for my sisters memorial mass and, having spent alot of our childhood in Ballycastle, we naturally went to the Marine after mass for food and drinks. Not only did it take a while for our drinks to come but after an hour and a half waiting on food (it was breakfast time when we arrived) we gave up. This was for a party of about 15 sitting in the bar. Some of my relatives EVENTUALLY got served cold eggs benedict while we were blamed for being too big a party - most of us ended up cancelling our orders. The kitchen couldn't handle it apparently. So why take a bar order to begin with? It was 11am. We could have went elsewhere and from now on we will. We ended up leaving about 12:45 with no food in sight. Even the kids, who only needed sausages and beans, were left sitting with nothing for heavens sake. How difficult is it to provide that? This caused alot of upset for my parents when they were trying to provide refreshments for people who travelled a few hours for mass in support of our loss. A huge disappointment and if this is the way the hotel is run then I would advise you to steer clear and spend your money elsewhere!!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank SnowAngel77

Hi SnowAngel77

Thank you for your review. We are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit to the hotel, I have ensured that all your comments have been passed on to the kitchen team.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Called in for coffee on my Birthday with my daughters visiting me from London.

Waited to be served at Costa coffee bar, while all staff on the floor stood in a circle talking at the main reception in full view of my daughter waiting.

After waiting for more than a reasonable time to be served myself and my daughters got up to leave and asked the receptionist if costa was closed, to which he replied no, and looked around for the member of staff- I advised it was too late and left.

Walked to Captains a short walk away, and had wonderful coffee and brilliant service.

Haven't been to The Marine for a number of years and was thoroughly disappointed. What has happened to The Marine? Where has the lovely interior gone and sofas for relaxing?

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank BL242014
MHGenManager, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Dear BL242014

Our sincere apologies that you were not looked after during your recent visit to the Marine.
I was one of the members of staff that was at the reception desk discussing our arrivals with the receptionist and unfortunately had my back to Costa and as such was unaware that you were waiting to be served.
The young lady working in Costa was Annaleen and she had just served two guests in our lobby and they were asking her about places to visit in the area so unfortunately she got caught in a conversation with the guests but i always like to think my staff are welcoming and informative to our guests requests and at times it is not just a simple yes or no as the guests will sometimes look for recommendations or ask for directions to some of the beautiful attractions that we have on the North coast, for this I apologise whole heartly.
When you came to the reception desk to ask was somebody serving in Costa or was it closed my Head receptionist Janice and I apologised and replied I am sorry it is open and she would get you somebody straight away but you were not happy with this and said it was too late as you had been waiting 10 minutes.
I am again sorry that you were not happy with this and yes you should have been served more promptly and i have discussed this with our team including Annaleen.
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to Captain's it is very nice.

Kind regards,