“Yummy yummy yummy!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Nestled in Belfast's bustling Botanic Avenue, Sakura Sushi restaurant brings a taste of Tokyo to the city streets of Northern Ireland. Named after Japan's national flower – the cherry blossom – this sweet and shiny sushi restaurant is split over two floors and filled with glazed walnut furniture, a feature floral wall, bright and bubbly background music and cute Japanese lanterns. On the ground floor you can sit at the sushi train and choose from a superb selection of fresh sushi and sashimi or meals such as the salt and chilli sea bass or the roasted pork with curry udon noodles, while upstairs offers a variety of flexible spaces with plush carpets and sliding doors that are perfect for private parties.
Reviewed 26 May 2016

This is a fantastic restaurant that caters well for vegetarians and vegans. They specifically ask whether you are pescatarian, vegetarian or vegan, which is refreshing for a change! Their food is delicious and I enjoy their authentic design/format of the restaurant with the conveyer belt. I recommend their seaweed salad and their miso soup (specifically ask without fish extract if you are vegetarian).

1  Thank MegCW

Reviewed 22 May 2016

I finally got round to visiting here after several recommendations. I took my mum here for lunch and it was her first time having sushi. We sat at the sushi train and had a range of sushi between us. All of the food was good, there was a nice atmosphere in the place, the staff were helpful and the food was a great price..

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

They do a lot of different Asian style dishes. We went for a mix of Chinese and Japanese. We ordered everything to be brought out at once. Sushi rolls, roast duck Cantonese style, roast pork belly, soft shell crab, unagi on rice and a mixed sushi platter. We had a few glasses of wine as well. It cost £70 which is a bargain. Only issue was the seating is a bit close together. We enjoyed it and will be back. Parking isn't an issue either. Couple of close free car parks nearby.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Have been here a few times with my cousin and aunt. My cousin has special needs and doesnt go out much but i know she loves this place as do i! I try to get her out when i can and here is where we sometimes end up not that im complaining! My cousin knows a lot about sushi and helps me decide as im a fussy eater so her advice is much apprciated! I would reccommend it! The food is 100% as is the service! I love the train with all the different plates of sushi and the choice is amazing! Will definately be back

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Fabulous! One of our favourite places to eat in Belfast...great food..very attentive friendly staff.
Thoroughly recommend Sakura.