“Nice”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Nestled in Belfast's bustling Botanic Avenue, Sakura Sushi restaurant brings a taste of Tokyo to the city streets of Northern Ireland. Named after Japan's national flower – the cherry blossom – this sweet and shiny sushi restaurant is split over two floors and filled with glazed walnut furniture, a feature floral wall, bright and bubbly background music and cute Japanese lanterns. On the ground floor you can sit at the sushi train and choose from a superb selection of fresh sushi and sashimi or meals such as the salt and chilli sea bass or the roasted pork with curry udon noodles, while upstairs offers a variety of flexible spaces with plush carpets and sliding doors that are perfect for private parties.
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

They do a lot of different Asian style dishes. We went for a mix of Chinese and Japanese. We ordered everything to be brought out at once. Sushi rolls, roast duck Cantonese style, roast pork belly, soft shell crab, unagi on rice and a mixed sushi platter. We had a few glasses of wine as well. It cost £70 which is a bargain. Only issue was the seating is a bit close together. We enjoyed it and will be back. Parking isn't an issue either. Couple of close free car parks nearby.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Have been here a few times with my cousin and aunt. My cousin has special needs and doesnt go out much but i know she loves this place as do i! I try to get her out when i can and here is where we sometimes end up not that im complaining! My cousin knows a lot about sushi and helps me decide as im a fussy eater so her advice is much apprciated! I would reccommend it! The food is 100% as is the service! I love the train with all the different plates of sushi and the choice is amazing! Will definately be back

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Fabulous! One of our favourite places to eat in Belfast...great food..very attentive friendly staff.
Thoroughly recommend Sakura.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

This is my favourite restaurant in the world. Every meal I have tried has been unbelievably delicious and fresh. The staff are superb and the restaurant is excellent. It also offers a handy take away service

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Excellent food, excellent, service and excellent value. Will definitely be back.
We went after checking other reviews and were so glad we did. The starter sushis were wonderful. We had the soft shell crab and the duck. We then shared a main and it was more than enough. (And we have healthy appetites)
Bill including a bottle of wine was £38 which was great value. The service too was great.
Would highly recommend this restaurant.itt was busy so booking is advisable.