“How is this place so highly rated?”
Review of Shu Restaurant

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Adelaide
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with my wife last Saturday night. Over priced, poorly presented and tasteless food. Seemed like the food was mostly prepared in advance. Decor is about 15 years out of date. Chairs are uncomfortable and not fit for purpose. Will not be back.....

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We managed to get a table on a busy Saturday from 6 to 8. It was my wife’s birthday and we brought our kids, 5 and 8. Could not have had a better experience. Food and service was outstanding. Attention to detail for both adults and kids was impressive. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Mikkel E
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Shu at 12:30 and was surprised to find there was only 1 other table of diners inside. However by 1pm most of the tables were full and the restaurant had a lovely buzzy, busy atmosphere about it. The lunch menu is excellent value, starters and mains for £3 each and a main course for £8. The food was excellent, my highlights being the ricotta and blood orange starter, chicken and Parmesan polenta main and lemon tart dessert. Delicious!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice relaxed atmosphere, good service and excellent food. Pretty quiet when we arrived at 12:30 before other diners started to arrive.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We were in Shu restaurant for lunch on a Saturday. I had two courses from their 3-8-3 menu. The food was excellent, properly cooked, well seasoned and good combinations . I had two courses which I found enough at lunchtime. My wife chose a main course from the full menu. Monkfish isn’t easy to prepare and cook but the dish tasted delicious. Shu has been popular for a long time for a reason, it’s consistently good.