“Saturday lunch in shu”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Adelaide
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We were in Shu restaurant for lunch on a Saturday. I had two courses from their 3-8-3 menu. The food was excellent, properly cooked, well seasoned and good combinations . I had two courses which I found enough at lunchtime. My wife chose a main course from the full menu. Monkfish isn’t easy to prepare and cook but the dish tasted delicious. Shu has been popular for a long time for a reason, it’s consistently good.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We came for Valentine's day - it was decent food/experience overall, though restaurant was rather hot and impersonal, probably due to the busyness of the evening

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I haven't been here in 10 years - I think the last time we were there the meal wasn't great. However we were out for a family celebration and decided to give it a go. We received a warm welcome at the door and were shown our seats and handed our menus. Firstly the menus was a fixed price and was excellent value for money - a decent choice for all palates. I had the fish cakes to start then fish again for my main - both cooked to perfection. Service throughout was attentive and the food wasn't rushed out after each course. The restaurant was very busy and had a good atmosphere, we'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Ciaran76
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing food however felt a bit rushed. We arrived at 19:00 and had finished starter and main by 19:50. Knowing that they needed the table for 21:00. A bit more time between courses would have been nice.

1  Thank KCorken
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

First time attending restaurant last Thursday evening in the middle of a blizzard. Food was outstanding and waiter was excellent with everyone in the restaurant both young and old. Will definitely be back