See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Staff was so lovely and helpful and I couldn’t not say one bad thing about the Paddy’s Palace staff. However, the Belfast hostel was quite old and run down. The showers were fairly modern compared to the rest of the hostel and this was good. The kitchen was old and dirty and the (free) breakfast wasn’t too appetising. It was fine to stay there for one night but I wouldn’t stay for any longer.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I can see why the hostel has mixed reviews. It's an old building, but I liked that and the location was great. The staff made me feel welcome straight away and were brilliant throughout the whole stay. The hostel's vibe is, for me, the perfect balance between being friendly, warm and fun, but not noisy etc. Some hostel's can be either too sterile and quiet, or constantly noisy. This was the perfect middle for me. Clean bedding, comfy beds and great value.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Paddys Place is what you expect in a hostel. Its clean and everything works. What I didn't expect was their readiness to help storing my bike and by opening breakfast early so I could catch my tour (with a competitor lol). They only take cash though so have some readies on hand not Euros or Cards. A fun hostel experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

All the things you don't want in a hostel. It was dirty (bathroom was mouldy too), there were no places to store valuables, there was only 2 plug sockets for a 4 person dorm, the room was stuffy...And somehow in the middle of the night a drunk guy entered our room with a key, accusing one of us of sleeping in his bed. The dorm was full and all of us were in the correct place on the correct nights. This guy became verbally abusive, and ruined my night's sleep. When the four of us complained when reception reopened at 8am, we were told there was nothing they could do and we should have phoned the police ourselves. 2 other dorms complained about this man and nothing was done - one room had their lock smashed. I was told the man on reception couldn't check the CCTV of the night before because he'd 'be there all day'. I was angry and felt unsafe in this hostel - so I demanded a refund and sought alternative accommodation. My only positives - I was greeted in a friendly way and given maps etc, and the shower had plenty of hot water for me. Otherwise - awful awful awful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

During a stay in the hostel in August 2017 I left valuable items in the hostel room. I was staying in a double room with my friend. I rang the hostel immediately the following day when I noticed the items were missing. Staff informed me they could not look in the room I was staying in
or consult with cleaning staff until the following day when the current guests had checked out and that they would contact me then. The next day I had to ring back twice to check were they found only to be told they know nothing about them and was repeatedly told to ring back later. The items have yet to be located and they were definitely left in the room. Throughout the whole experience I found the staff quite unhelpful and inconsiderate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends