“Spotless”

Paddy's Palace Belfast
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Hello. My name is Alberto Luis and I'm portuguese. I was staying 6 nights at Paddy's. I think the hostel is spotless. The staff very friendly and always ready to help me in my constant questions about where to go and what to do. I met other guests from across the globe, and i will keep friendship with all.
In my next trip to Belfast, definitely i will stay in the same hostel.
A hug from Portugal to you all.
Alberto Luis

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
PaddywagonTours, Guest Relations Manager at Paddy's Palace Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Hi Alberto, Thank you for posting a review of your visit. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Paddy's Palace and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Le meas / with respect, Paddy's Palace Belfast

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hostel is ideally located - safe, close to the city centre and right in the middle of the student quarter, so close to tons of fun pubs and cheap eats. The common room is great for socializing and there is a big kitchen with tons of amenities and a free breakfast that is better than the average. The best part of this hostel is definitely the staff who are ridiculously accommodating, helpful and made me feel like I was best friends with them during my stay here. The only downside to this hostel is the ongoing repairs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Hi, Thank you for sharing a review of your recent visit. We apologize for the inconvenience of the repairs as we are working to improve the hostel for our guests. These improvements will make us one of the best hostels in Belfast. We are glad you enjoyed our staff, and that they were part of making your trip memorable!
Le meas / with respect, Paddy's Palace Belfast

Reviewed 15 May 2012

This hostel was filthy. There initially was no one who spoke english, then he led me to lounge which looked like squatters lived there. I wanted to just turn around and leave, but had paid for the not recommended Paddy 2 Day Tour. Eventually got to room, which was ok, but never any toilet paper in the 3 bathrooms I checked, and toilets backed up. Awful impression of Belfast and Paddywagon Tours.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Hostel was clean and looked like it had been recently renovated with new doors, locks and a lick of paint! Plenty of showers but the water was cold if used later in the day. No big deal for me, however. The beds were comfy and the big room was great place for all our friends to chill during the day, although there were other common areas at hand. Decent location and only a short walk into Belfast. The guys at reception were nice and booked taxis for us - as and when we needed them.

Only problem for us was the toilet that didn't flush properly and as a result did get blocked on a few occasions, though this problem was sorted in the mornings by the guys at the hostel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The room was really dirty..the duvet looked really old..the toilet blocked..the tour guide kept on boasting about himself throughout the tour..there was a bee on my bed!!luckily i wasnt on the bed..the hostel was noisy..it seemed like no one care about the level of noise at the hostel..overall,I hate this hostel..

• Stayed: April 2012