“Good value but uncomfortable matress”
Review of Queen's Elms

Queen's Elms
Queen's Elms
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 2 September 2016

The room was clean, the staff were nice and helpful and the wifi connection is very good. But the mattress was one of those ‘wipe clean’ ones with protruding bed springs that dig into your back all night. After I mentioned the protruding springs they did provide an extra duvet (without a cover on it), as extra padding. The heating was also on in August which made the room too warm. You might find yourself staying here because you are on a course or an academic conference. Mattress and over-heating aside, it is probably a reasonable budget option.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Queen's Elms

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I just found everything perfect! Clean compact room, cooked breakfast and above all friendly and helpful staff. Many thanks for this great stay! The place is also very secured and offers a 24/24 check-in desk. Highly recommended for people travelling in Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

My elderly mother and myself traveled from the south ( starting at cork city ) to the north of Ireland , every aspect of our trip was completely wonderful. Irish hospitality is alive and well on the Island of Ireland. However, that all firmly stops at the queens elms.

The setting is leafy and suburban which is I guess ok but the staff had the ability to sour our whole trip. We had booked and paid in advance but were told we were " stupid " to assume this meant that this guaranteed our booking and we would have to pay them again despite having a statement and a receipt. When we finally managed to establish that they were incorrect and we were not "stupid" we were given our room details by staff who appeared disgusted with us and when my poor mother didn't understand the directions to the room she was treated like an annoying child.

These people need training or firing

Avoid avoid avoid

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank jsatlanta143
Reviewed 2 August 2016

These are uni halls of residence, newly built, and very clean and smart. Located in the posh residential bit of Belfast. I traveled on my own on business and it was perfect for my needs. Cooked breakfast every morning. Small supermarket on site. Lovely friendly staff on reception 24hrs. Would definitely stay here again if traveling alone (not sure if they cater for couples?)

+ Spotlessly clean, functional, secure, helpful friendly staff, nice area, wifi in room, on the main bus route into town (which is only about a half hour walk away anyway)

- No luxury (come on, you wouldn't expect luxury at this price!), unfortunate noise pollution from neighbouring room (I heard all his phone calls, snoring, bottom burps...)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2016

very friendly and welcoming. room fine, clean.

Breakfast although included, was appalling. The Treehouse was so full of trays with leftovers , i had to empty one to use one. It was a mess and not once whilst I was there was any cleaning done.

Cereals, was empty and no milk. 2 guys in kitchen seemed more interested in making their fags up for the day.
Coffee was the worst i've ever had in my life and disgusting.
Breakfast had the worst scrambled eggs, ive ever tasted too, vile vile, how can you get that wrong. I don't eat meat so cant comment on bacon or sausages. but seeing how much people had left. I dont think anything on offer today was popular.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo