USD 252
USD 233
  • Room Service
USD 102
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
USD 98
USD 193
USD 147
getaroom.com
1,607 results
All reviewssamson suitemini barsuperior roomvictoria squaredvd playercontinental breakfastcathedral quarterlovely hotelbirthday treatcar parkchecking outreception areastayed one nightcomfy bedhotel barlovely roomcentral location
Reviewed 4 April 2018

While this hotel is located in a great area and in walking distance to all the main tourist attractions, the overall stay was not as positive. Check-in was good and the bar staff were both very nice. However, breakfast was a huge disappointment. The first morning we were seated and handed a menu. The waitress did not explain that there was a continental and a separate hot food menu. We asked questions and received very short, snappy answers. 5 tables were seated after us and different waitresses took their orders before we got the chance to give ours. I was shocked at check-out to discover that the hot breakfast was not included in the package. This was not explained to us at any stage and when we asked in the restaurant what was included the waitress did not tell us this.
I would also add that the room we were placed in was very noisy with creaking floor boards which woke us numerous times during the night. Also, after the first night our towels were taken and not replaced in the room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you melkel18 for your review albeit there were disappointing aspects to your stay, particularly with breakfast. There is an upgrade charge for cooked breakfast and I am sorry this wasn't explained at the check in stage. With regards service at breakfast this shall be addressed with the team as the level of service you experienced is certainly not indicative of what we offer.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We ate at the brassiere two nights consecutively, The atmosphere in the restaurant was calm and relaxing- Our food was amazing too. The chicken and the steaks were excellent choices.
Holly was such a lovely server. Very kind and nice to chat with too. We will definitely be back. Thank you.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig B
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you Craig B for your review, your feedback is very much appreciated by myself and Holly.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed at the mal fir four nights over Easter. First impressions were good. However the hotel is in desperate need of a full refurb. The bar looks good, but when you use it, its not. The furnishings are so old and tired when you sit in the black settees you practically sink to the floor. The bar was never clean or tidy, there were food crumbs all over the furniture and floor whenever we were there and the staff did not collect dirty glasses or plates from the tables. There was no atmosphere what so ever and bizarrely no Guinness! Our room looked nothing like a mal room. It was ancient and old and the bathroom was tiny, shower only and as old as the hills. The cleaning staff did a very poor cleaning job and just not to mal standards. I would never stay here again. One good thing the hotel is so central to the pubs and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a modern refurbished room with a large bathroom
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Janet M for your review. I am so sorry that your stay was disappointing and there were service issues in the bar, this shall certainly be addressed.

We have had a number of rooms refurbished in the past year with plans being put in place for the remaining rooms and public areas.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Best hotel i have been in, i upgrated to the largest room was great it felt so comfortable and homely it had a large pool table and a small living area with a fire the bathroom was extra large with his and hers shower plus a bath. I will be back again

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverley S

Thank you Beverley S for your review. Samson is pretty special.

we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 28 March 2018

For 4 star I've been really disappointed. Hotel location was great, check in good but I have to say from an over all experience I was somewhat disappointed. Room was grand but a little tired and had creaky floor boards,annoying. Service in the bar was slow,very slow( a number of other customers had commenced on this). There excuse was there were really busy. Not so. Breakfast was continental but my god what a poor offering when you think you are in a 4 star you expect more. (A few months earlier I stayed in a big chain in the city and I was really impressed by there breakfast offering). Also the wait we had on both mornings was again really disappointing and the reason was they were very busy.
Badly needs sorting.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you PJHArkin for your review.

I am sorry there were disappointing aspects to your stay and I shall address these with the food and beverage team.