“Terrible - Fry gave me the Trots”
Review of The Cook's Cafe

The Cook's Cafe
Ranked #477 of 1,164 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Called in for the special fry which was greasy, I was starving and ate it anyway. Oh boy what a big mistake, 4 hours laters was on the toilet and it ran out of me. It took two full days to recover and normally I have a strong stomach.

Lethal fry in my option.

Will I come back, like heck I will !!!

1  Thank Diane H
DamienMorgan666, Owner at The Cook's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Well I'm very supprised and sorry to hear this as we take great care and pride in making our breakfasts fresh to order everyday and as it's cooked on a grill I just don't know how it was greasy so maybe if you call us directly and speck to me and give me more details, what day, what exactly you had to eat and if you can remember who served etc we don't take these lightly as am sure you don't look forward to hear from you .this is a very serious allegation and I would like to get to the bottom of this ..regards management

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Had a Groupon afternoon tea here today. It is a little cafe, basic inside. The merchant hotel it is not. However the voucher was inexpensive and the food and service were excellent. No complaints from myself and three friends. Would happily return.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

One of the best wee cafe .! been here many times never get disappointed ..demin is a star ..!!worth visit if u live in area ..! I travel bit a distance to enjoy my coffee here .!!

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Quick lunch of panini and tea.
Pleasant service, respectable price.
Whether barbecue sauce goes with onion, cheese and bacon is another question.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I booked afternoon tea here as I had been given a groupon voucher and I wasnt dissappointed. My daughter and I arrived early and was given a table straight away. The gentleman whom I now know as Damien explained what was being served for the chocolate afternoon tea. After a short wait our coffee and tea arrived followed by a plate of blueberry scones with jam and cream and a cake stand with a club sandwhich on the bottom and brownies rocky roads and a chocolate mousse on top. Everything was lovely. There was alot to get through but we couldnt finish it but got to take home what we couldnt eat. The cafe was clean and warm and the staff very friendly. We will definitly be back.

1  Thank Geraldine Ķ