“worst ever”

Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Called into this cafe about a week ago for a quick lunch. I was very disappointed.
I ordered the special they had on being a Bagel with bacon, chicken, lettuce and tomato and was told this came with some chips. The young man serving me was very pleasant.
Some time later I saw one of the cooks bring my order out. However, it must have been nearly 5 minutes before it was actually brought to me. When it arrived I looked inside the bagel – there was a large piece of lettuce and 2 or three thick slices of tomato – someone had added mayonnaise to this even though I had not asked for it. The bacon and chicken underneath were by this time just about warm and for that reason I didn’t eat the chicken but the worst bit was a big dollop of what looked like Branston pickle on the bottom!! I wasn’t told this would be in the bagel nor did I ask for it. In fact, had I been told either the mayo or the pickle were included I would have asked for them to be left out. I’m sorry, but the meal was to me inedible. I couldn’t eat the bagel because of the soggy mess of mayo and pickle so I was left with the chips which weren’t so bad. This was one of the worst lunches I have ever experienced and I certainly will not go back.
The reason I have given this 1 for value is that I paid for a meal I could not eat - apart from some of the chips!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Booked a groupon voucher for afternoon tea,have been ringing this place last few weeks but no answer or engaged!!arrived there yesterday wi my wee son who was so excited to have this.there was 2 people sitting in the place at the time so we took a seat.lady came over said can I take ur order I advised we have a voucher to use oh she said have u booked?I said sadly not as couldn't get through on phone,she then got owner who came over and said sorry u need to book.i said there's noone here!he advised he didn't have any sandwiches available.he then said have u traveled far I said yes from Bangor,I bought this voucher as a treat for my son.he then said u want a hot chocolate to my son,my son was upset at this point and said no thanks.i then asked could I book while I was there he said he was fully booked!!!!I advised voucher expires next week!!!wat a joke just got a refund back of groupon there!!!!!won't be returning had a very upset child to deal with after that

1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

What a delightful surprise this wee place is. We went with a Groupon voucher for their chocolate afternoon tea. What a lovely welcome we got from the owner, and again from the delightful waitress taking our drink order. The food was genuinely exceptional, nothing was too much trouble, we all ended up calling out radio quiz answers, we felt so relaxed, and that's just not me normally!! Loved this place, can definitely recommend it strongly.

2  Thank stephmix
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant! My daughter had her 8th birthday party here on Saturday.. 14 girls decorating cupcakes, making chocolate biscuit lollies and having a lovely dinner tea party. I'm told it was "awesome" and her "best party ever". The 2 members of staff were absolutely lovely with the girls and great fun too. Highly recommend!! Thank you so much! Will definitely do this again for my other daughter.

1  Thank Joy C
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Looks like your average local cafe, but the food is way better that the average cafe. Had the festive afternoon tea & did not disappoint. We arrived earlier than expected & staff were quick to clear & reset table for us & get us seated. Really accommodating & brilliant laugh. Food was delicious, the homemade apple cake & mince pies were gorgeous, the turkey club sandwich is something I will be going back for. There was so much served we couldn't finish some of the delicious treats & offered a box to take home what was left. Can't wait to try the chocolate afternoon tea.

1  Thank Elaine J