“I would not recommend this hotel.”

Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This hotel is very basic and is not worth the cost. You are only paying for the location as it is walking distance from the airport. It's very noisy, you can hear everything from along the corridors, other close rooms and slamming doors, not to mention the noise from the airport.
The rooms were very basic but ok. The wifi was not that good and kept cutting out.
I would recommend to go further afield if you want a peaceful nights sleep.
Staff were not particularly friendly or attentive.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
EMcerlane, Front Office Manager at Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear NickyMc7506,

Thank you for feeding back to us regarding your recent stay. We are very surprised to read your comments regarding noise and the lack of friendliness from our staff. These types of comments are rare about our hotel, and it is unusual to hear negative comments regarding noise and our staff. The hotel uses all guest feedback to make improvements going forward. We will work hard to ensure that all of our guests have the same great experience that the overwhelming majority of our guests encounter. Both your feedback and custom are very important to us, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

my check in was after 11pm and my room was dirty, they didn't have the the housekeeper clean after the last people. the trash was full, no clean towles in the bathroom, dirty coffee cups, empty bottle of waters and even s*** in the toilet. NASTY. I called the and they said sorry, they said that was really busy and no other room to offer me, and they bring me clean towel.... I was mad but was very late, my daughter wasn't feeling good, so I decided to stay there because I have no choice... in the check out they apologized and they told me the manager was giving me a call to see what could be done, so far they never call me back. never had I so bad experience like that.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Karla E Joao J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to read of your experience here, and I must reassure you that the management expect much better for our guests. We will be looking in to the circumstances surrounding your visit, and we will be identify areas for improvement. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we value your custom very much.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is the third time my wife and stayed here prior to travelling. It takes a lot of stress out of the journey. We can go the night before, relax and enjoy a wonderful meal then a short 2min walk to the airport . We now incorporate this as part of our trips away. Staff are amazing and quality of food is outstanding but I have to give a very special mention to Emmett the manager who welcomed us with open arms, literally. Highly recommend srating here. Can't wait to go back on for next trip in February

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Patricia P,

Thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted that your plan is to return time and time again, to start your holiday the comfortable and convenient way. I will continue to work hard to ensure that all of our guests receive the genuine, warm, and friendly welcome that they deserve. We look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here ahead of an early flight the next morning. Staff fantastic, rooms comfortable and spacious, reasonably priced to park and fly and literally a few steps to the airport. Will be flying from Belfast a lot more in future

Stayed: August 2017
EMcerlane, Front Office Manager at Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Coloonatic,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel for your onward travels, and it is always refreshing to read about our fantastic staff. We look forward to your future stay.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Thompson organised for us to come here after our flight was delayed for 10 hours. Staff were very friendly and understanding to all of us and the buffet that was put on for us was delicious, especially the chicken curry. A much nicer place to sit than the airport.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
EMcerlane, Front Office Manager at Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Christine H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are delighted with your comments about our restaurant and our staff, whom we consider our best asset. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.