“Overnight Stay”

Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 19 April 2016

Was there for a night out, had a great meal and Sean (manager) was excellent & great fun. The service was first class and everyone enjoyed themselves. Hotel room was nice and comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was good and hot. There was a good choice to choose from. I would go back again. Thanks to all the staff for making our night good.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
EMcerlane, Front Office Manager at Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for leaving us your much valued feedback. Maldron Hotel Belfast is committed to providing the very best in everything that we do. It is always pleasing for us to see that our guests are being well looked after when they stay with us. I will be happy to pass your kind comments on to Sean and all of our staff, which will in turn further motivate the teams. Your custom is very important to us, and we look forward to having you stay again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

After a two hour delay arrived at 930pm good welcome and quickly able to get to the room. It was a standard room but very comfortable bed and very quiet you wouldn't know you were by the airport It is literally by the main terminal. Good breakfast in the morning.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
EMcerlane, Front Office Manager at Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2016

Dear edwmagee,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am delighted that you found our location convenient and that you had an efficient check in and a warm welcome to the hotel. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

I have to say I booked this hotel for ease as it is one of the only ones (if not the only one) in the airport complex. However, I am not sure the convenience outweighed the poor conditions of the hotel.

I found the reception guy to be quite rude. I was made to feel bad for not booking directly with the hotel and as a result there were things I wasn't entitled to. It was like they were doing me a favour by letting me stay there.

The common areas are nice. Clean etc. However, the bedroom was incredibly tired looking. I noticed that the chair had a stain on it as did the mattess (it looked like blood). Also the bed was very comfortable. Two beds pushed together described as a king size I believe - not when there is a big uncomfortable ridge down the middle of the bed.

Breakfast was £9. When I went for breakfast there was only bread and fruit. No hot food was served until 7am. This surprised me as surely people who stay in airport hotels do so because they have an early morning flight - so why not serve the full breakfast from the beginning of breakfast.

I was just very disappointed I have to say and given chains like Holiday Inn etc who seem to be able to get it right

Room Tip: Book through the hotel directly or you get to feel bad.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear Jimbo5153,

I am sorry to hear of your experience here at Maldron Hotel Belfast. I apologise sincerely if you thought that I was rude, as it certainly would not be my intention to make any guest feel uncomfortable. I believe strongly in providing excellent customer service, and I have taken your comments on board and will review my own style and approach.

The hotel will always recommend to guests that they book direct as our staff here are best placed to sell our product, and we offer the best rate guarantee. However, we welcome all of our guests regardless of the avenue which they use to book.

Sir I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly on emcerlane@maldronhotels.com, in order that I can offer you a complimentary upgrade to an executive room with complimentary breakfast when you next book a standard room with us.

Both your custom and feedback are very important to us, and we have taken on board all of your comments and will endeavor to make better the issues you have raised.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

excellent from i went in the door until i left. went for a meal in restaurant very good menu also very good food and service .bar area has wifi two tvs and nice private areas ,and a dam good glass of wine .easy reach to airport at 5am 2 minutes walk happy days

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeoffrey365,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is always refreshing to hear such good feedback about our service and product, and this always helps to reassure our teams that we are doing a good job. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

After having had an awful experience with Easyjet, and feeling that customer service is a thing of the past, we walked into the Maldron Hotel to the most welcoming, calm environment. The front desk manager was delightful, and he made us feel completely at ease. We had a lovely, spacious twin room, free wifi, comfy beds, a big bathroom and a Big TV. The breakfast was incredible. You have a buffet with plenty of cereals, breads, fruit and yoghurts, and then you can order a full cooked breakfast of your choice. The staff were chatty, helpful and went out of their way to make the experience at the Maldron Hotel a pleasurable one. They are clearly well trained and professional. Thankyou

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
EMcerlane, Front Office Manager at Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Dear Jenny,

Thank you so much for leaving us this incredible feedback. Our aim is always to delight guests and exceed their expectations. It was a pleasure for the staff and I to look after you and all disrupted passengers during your stay here. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back here again anytime.

Emmett McErlane

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Ballyrobin Country Lodge
Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street) Hotel
Beechlawn House Hotel
#39 of 47 in Belfast
Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast

Been to Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport? Share your experiences!