“Very good Chinese food!”
Review of Joy Inn Restaurant

Joy Inn Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 1,155 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was right next door to our hotel, The Etap and the smell enticed us in! We ordered a chicken chow mein, schezuan chicken, chips and a curry sauce. We were also given free prawn crackers! The food was lovely and came out so quickly that we were seated, served and out of the restaurant in less than an hour! We spent around £30 with drinks so it was also a decent price.

1  Thank abbirose93

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant and had food from the a la carte menu and the food was excellent. We ordered a variety of different food and everything was of a high quality and very fresh. We were very impressed. We noticed outside the restaurant that they done an early bird menu so we decided to return again to try that out. On our return visit for the early bird menu, we arrived at 6 o'clock but we were not given the early bird menu. We had to ask for it. We noticed other customers also asking for it. If this menu is available it should be offered to customers as well as the a la carte. The food we received was nothing like our first visit. Boiled tasteless chicken. No prawn crackers, poor quality food. We were very disappointed. I don't understand why a restaurant can serve excellent food for the a la carte and poor quality, tasteless food for the early bird menu. If I return again I would definately not go for the early bird menu. Anyone thinking of visiting this restaurant go for the a la carte menu.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I now find myself in Belfast, working here for the foreseeable future, and, as I always do, fancied a Chinese. I was with a colleague and so I researched the restaurants closest to my hotel (The Holiday Inn on Hope Street) using Yell.com and then referred to Trip Advisor for previous customer reviews. The "JOY INN" on Dublin Road was the closest and, as luck would have it, appeared to have received rave reviews from previous clientele. The restaurant was less than a quarter of a mile away and down a side street. we were shown to our table, presented with the menu and I chose BBQ Spare Ribs and the Mixed Meat Curry (Chicken, Beef, Prawn and Pork) with plain boiled rice and my colleague chose the Thai Style Curry Triangles and Sliced Fried Beef in Szechuan style with soft Noodles as recommended by the waiter, who was clearly the manager. We were not disappointed. The food was, how can I put it, precise, individually cooked, by that I mean, not mushy. Al dente I think it is called. Thoroughly delicious. I said to my colleague: "When you are looking for a Chinese and you find one as nice as this then there is no need for you and me to walk 2 miles into the centre of Belfast to look for another Chinese Restaurant is there?" He agreed...............................NUFF SED!

1  Thank pongping
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

On a works visit and after a couple of drinks watching the footy it was time to go back to the hotel. On the way spotted this place and the write ups on TA were pretty good so gave it a try. Went for chicken satay starter and salt/pepper chicken for main and was really tasty and big portions. The one thing I liked was the guy obviously knew from my accent I wasn't a local so straight away asked around cutlery etc so I didn't have to go seeking at the hotel. Will definitely use again when back in Belfast

1  Thank CheekyRed
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Just happen to notice this Chinese restaurant located above ground floor by the traffic lights. There was a Tripadvisor sticker. I was thinking just it a try. To my amazement, all the dishes I have ordered - simply GOOD!
I returned the very night as staying 01 night in Belfast. The 2nd round did not disappoint at all. If you were passing Belfast or staying in Belfast... don't miss it. The beef stew is good. I am Chinese and I know what is a good chinese... cook is from Hong Kong! That is what make it this delicious!

1  Thank DennisChuang