All reviews city centre luxury room ipod docking station queens university street parking university street botanical gardens walk in shower huge bed lovely hotel full irish botanic avenue ulster museum lovely bathroom cooked breakfast night porter comfortable bed
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I hadn't been in Dukes for over 20 years and decided to call in for a couple of drinks whilst passing. The bar staff let me sample a couple of beers I hadn't previously tried before settling on the one I preferred. Friendly staff, reasonably prices and nice ambience.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights. There are so many hotels in Belfast but I wanted to stay near Queens University and this is an excellent location, 5 minutes from the university and the Botanic Gardens. Large double beds, spacious bathroom and the service is definitely 4 star.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Positives: bed was really comfy, shower great, breakfast had a good variety and was tasty, nice bar with good cocktails, good location and nice reception staff.
Negatives: room could do with a repaint, tv remote was temperamental and bath hose was broken.
Overall a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Arrived about 8:00 pm with 4 people. About 4 other tables were occupied. I was the only one who ordered the half roasted chicken. Adequate service time and presentation. By early the next morning I had all the requisite symptoms and was not happy. That morning my wife went to the restaurant and spoke with a supervisor. She was told the supervisor would speak to the manager and the chefs later that afternoon, and that she would call my wife later that day.
I was the only driver of the group and had to make the drive to the Giants Causeway (stayed in the car, leaving when I had to) and to Portrush (stayed in the car, leaving when I had to).
Upon our return,my wife, having heard nothing all day, went backto the restaurant and spoke to a manager who told her she hadn't been told anything that day.
The next morning I spoke with a manager (I have purposely left all names absent) who told me she would be in back in touch with me, via email or phone, by the end of the day. It has been 8 days and I have yet to hear anything.
I travel for a living and over the past 35+ years and I have had several cases of food poisoning...there is no doubt in my mind that this was yet another case.
It could have been undercooked chicken or a case of someone in the kitchen not washing his/her hands. Either way, a simple follow-up is not too much to expect.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank FTRPLT1
manager_125, General Manager at Dukes at Queens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was sorry to hear you had been unwell following your visit to Belfast. I was a little surprised to read your review as contact had been made to a customer, who had spoken with our F&B Beverage Manager, on the 4th September requesting detailed information of the visit, with no reply as of yet.

My primary concern is always our guest’s well-being and I did investigate this as far as I could internally, without actually having the opportunity to speak with yourself and attain full details. All the half-roasted chickens, which are cooked in full then divided, were consumed that evening with no other complaints of illness.

Dukes at Queens proudly holds a 5-star food hygiene rating from the Food Standards Agency. As a seasoned traveller with several previous experiences of food poisoning, you will be aware that unfortunately contaminated food can take anywhere from minutes to days to cause illness. If you would like to contact me directly with the full details of your visit, I will investigate in full.

Kindest regards

Pauline McCullough

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

So what works?
- nice room size, decor is good (if that's your taste), good walking distance to most uni campus's, big bathtub, breakfast choice (off a menu), the restaurants pate dish is really lovely, massive bed.
So what doesn't work?
- Some staff are really excellent and a few others sadly werent, this didn't affect me but, I saw guests complaining about noise from a party/music that went well past 11pm, I can imagine their frustration.

Trip type: Travelled solo