5,048 results
All reviews piano bar opera house great victoria street executive room lovely hotel porridge buffet style the heart of the city central location afternoon tea top class reception staff northern ireland from start to finish saturday night car park bombed
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Have been using this hotel for a while now, not only for myself but also for clients. The first trip this time round was over the xmas period and have to say staff attitude especially on xmas day was second to none! Warm welcome, smile on the faces you would have thought it was a normal day at the hotel!
Dealt with Ally on Checkin few times now and the professional/humorous approach to checkin does add to the experience, none of this machine lines talk!
Anything ordered to the room was not a problem, Marty/Gavin make a wicked sandwich out of hours if they are on and your staying well worth punt and then some!
Yet to have any bad experience but even if I did I’d say the folks on reception would have it sorted in no time, keep up the good work folks!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
europa M, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Barry C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in the Europa Hotel.

I am sp pleased to read that you find the level of our service consistently high and that you are happy to use us not only for yourself but for some of your clients. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to Ally, Marty and Gavin who are definitely ambassadors for what great Irish hospitality should be. I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Thanks to the wonderful waitress Veronica in the Europa for a wonderful 60th Birthday tea party in January in the lovely ambience of the first floor piano bar.Everything about it was perfect from the pre arrangements to the actual day. Service was superb, food was delicious and so much of it. Piano playing in the back ground set the scene.Tea and coffee top ups were a surprise extra and food not eaten was nicely boxed to take home.With a 4pm booking there was no pressure to vacate the table so we went on to enjoy cocktails and were still there at 10pm.My party of 6 friends so enjoyed it they all want to do the same for their big birthday occasion!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Maggie O,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent Afternoon Tea experience.

I am delighted to read that we were able to make your special occasion such a success and that you were so impressed by the wonderful Veronicas service throughout the day. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Bars manager. I hope that we can welcome you all back again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

An extremely spacious lobby, contemporary in design. Polite and efficient receptionist. Bedroom was very clean, and comfortable. Bed very comfortable, a wonderful duvet, quite nice soft furnishings. Safe in bedroom. Meeting rooms well furnished and clean. Refreshments provided throughout the day were plentiful very good quality.
Breakfast was excellent. Dining room was very clean and well furnished. Staff pleasant and efficient at breakfast. All requirements were met. Piano bar very spacious, very comfortably furnished, light and spacious. Staff very mannerable and friendly. Nothing too much trouble. The hotel has its own ballroom. Would return in future for business stay or personal stay. Would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Pissourifan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in the Europa.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and that you found the rooms to be comfortable with all the amenities that you might require during your stay. Our staff will be delighted to know that you found their service efficient and manner polite and friendly. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon whether it be for a business or personal stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

we had one night in standard 5th floor rear room which lacks the best views but was a good deal.
Friendly staff and efficient procedures, bed comfy but a bit of noise from rooms next door .
Perfect location for transport and all Belfast attractions.
Did not eat there and lower bar closes around 11pm but lovely upper bar is beautiful and £5 for excellent craft beer with friendly barman is not outrageous in my opinion.
A minor niggle, I was not made aware they validated parking at reduced £10 rate in nearby railway car park, but was honoured anyway. ( use public transport if you can as central Belfast not car friendly !)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear johnhG3658NB,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the it good value for money. I am pleased you found the staff friendly and efficient and that you enjoyed your time relaxing in the Piano bar. Please give us a call if you are visiting again if you require any more information before your stay.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Having been given some Hastings gift vouchers, I decided to book a table in the Piano Bar prior to going on to a show. The reservation was made a week in advance by telephone for four at 5pm on Saturday 10th.
On arrival, we were shown our table by a member of staff who then duly departed. We then had ample time during the next 15 minutes to take in our surroundings as not one member of staff approached us. No opportunity to place a drinks order. No menus offered. Eventually attracting a passing staff member (all of whom seem to have acquired the knack of moving round the room ignoring guests) we ordered drinks which were brought to the table 10 minutes later and unceremoniously placed at one end. No effort was made to identify which drink was for whom. We sorted this ourselves. Finally, we managed to obtain menus after another seek and find session with the staff. This was when things became interesting with a male member of staff who was intent on forcing afternoon tea on us. When we stated we wished to order some light bites and not afternoon tea, he promptly departed. So, yet another 10 minutes passed before we could attract yet another staff member to place our food order. She told us that we really shouldn't have had a table reservation; table reservations are just for afternoon tea apparently - such a shame this wasn’t pointed out when the reservation was taken. Her attitude was totally confrontational and entirely unnecessary. So far, every staff member had made a great point of letting us know just how busy they were. We started to feel that we were a great inconvenience sitting at this table, totally unworthy because we were not taking afternoon tea. My advice is take your staffing grievances up with your manager and not with your guests.
Napkins containing our cutlery were literally thrown on the table. Again, no effort made whatsoever to place them before us. Once we eventually received our food, it was merely passable. Certainly nothing memorable. Our plates then remained in front of us for 20 minutes after we had eaten with no effort made whatever to clear them. During our meal, no one approached us and enquired if all was as it should be. Yet again, we had to hijack a staff member to clear our table and order more drinks. Similarly, trying to obtain our bill required asking two staff members and waiting 20 minutes for it to be brought. In hindsight, we really should have just walked off and waited for someone to pursue us for payment. However, I doubt that anyone from this raggle-taggle team of staff would have bothered or even noticed.
All in all, truly abysmal service reluctantly given with no pleasantries or grace. Europa you seriously need to up your game. There's far too many places in Belfast now which deliver excellent customer service. You need to check out your competition to see how it should be done. The four of us will not be returning and will certainly not be recommending you. Personally, I will be actively dissuading people from going to you. There's better offerings out there which is where we’ll be spending our money in future.
We’re so sorry to have interrupted your busy day and had the boldness to try to spend money with you.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
8  Thank Leslie S

Dear Leslie S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent experience in the Piano Lounge.

I am very disappointed to read about your experience and that you did not receive the high levels of service our guests have come to expect in our hotel. I will be speaking to the Bars Manager to make sure all your points are addressed and would like to talk to you personally about your booking. My email address is afom@eur.hastingshotels.com.