“Fantastic Time”
Review of Felons Club

Felons Club
Ranked #21 of 90 Nightlife in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: This Catholic-area club often features live bands.
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I travelled to Belfast earlier this year and was the felons was recommended by a friend who had visited the establishment a couple of years previous. My friend was full of praise for the warm friendly Irish welcome they had received and boy was he right. My first impressions of the Felons was one of wonderment as I gazed at the hostory which was in plain sight everywhere. The staff were extremely welcoming and courteous and very helpful. They went out of their way to explain the various commorative displays. Later that night a fantastic Irish band entertained everyone and the food being served was delicious.I would highly recommend a visit to the Felons for anyone visiting Belfast and wishing to enjoy a hearty Irish welcome and experience. Top class

5  Thank Charles B

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Over on my stag to Belfast from Edinburgh and headed down here for a few drinks. Although an intimidating area with an intimidating past the people including the door staff and the taxi driver who took us their were really friendly and helpful. Good time was had!

3  Thank Stuart P
Reviewed 8 February 2012

so fresh and modern, such friendly staff that told us places to visit! food was soo tasty! great drink selection

2  Thank Kirsty M
Reviewed 23 May 2007

crap!!!!!! full of kids if u want a good nite out head 2 the dev r the town!

8  Thank belfastchick
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2006

I had been to Belfast on two other occasions and visited several pubs along the Falls road, but not the Felons Club. I had heard that admission was restricted to former IRA prisoners, but that was not the case.

It was a beautiful day (July 31, 2004) so many people were sitting outside and there was another door open right next to the secure entrance, so we went in. I took two friends, a girl and a friend from India. At first we got a few looks as we enetered but after speaking to the man at the entrance we went in to the sporty pub that is to the right after you enter. The place was packed, it was about 3 pm, there was a horse race on the TV and people were getting right into the race. I left my two friends to get some pints at the bar. The bar was three deep, but a guy helped me get my drinks fast. Upon returning to our table, I noticed my friends were joined by three people from the pub. The main guy was curious why we ended up on the Falls road and at the Felons. I told him I wanted to see it, he thanked us for coming to "working class Belfast". After some nice conversation, one the the guys gave my friend his cigarette lighter after she mentioned she liked it (it had a Celtic Cross). A round of drinks were bought for us and then we were taken on a tour of the back pub (more quiet) and then upstairs to the private club. I was told not to take any pictures of people and allowed to look at the carvings that were made by prisoners in jail.
Time to go, and after I said we needed to get a cab back to the ship (we worked for a cruise line) our host called his brother and his brother drove us to the ship.
Thanks to all the great guys at the Felons Club.
Sean