Vagabonds
USD 182*
USD 139*
USD 111*
  • Restaurant
Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
USD 149*
Ten Square(Belfast)
USD 283*
USD 265*
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfastbed dormcommon roomfemale dormhostel guestsfun place to staycommon areasblack cab tourcity centreplenty of hot waterbotanic gardensthree nightswould definitely stay here againmin walknorthern irelandcerealbackpackers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The Hostel is clean, the staff are friendly, great location, and the breakfast in the morning is perfect, you could not ask for better around Belfast. Vagabonds is a great place to stay and would recommend it to any one. I stayed a Monday and Tuesday night, the place was quite and got a good enough nights sleep on both nights. Showers in the morning were hot.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I saw many hostels in my life and this is just in my Top 3.

100% Perfect.

Staff is amazing, they will make you feel like home.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed in Vagabond's with a school class in January, and my room was very cold, but the staff made sure I had an electric heater in the room so I could get some heat. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere of the hostel is very nice - you feel like you are let into their home. The location is good, and the staff will also help you book tours. The private is quite small, and there are only showers in the hall, but the atmosphere certainly makes up for this, and everything is clean - unlike another place I once stayed in visiting Belfast. I would not hesitate to use Vagabond's again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

For 20 pounds per bed per night, I think this hostel is a good value, keeping in mind that it is a hostel and you shouldn't expect much. We got a twin bed private room for this amount. The hostel is very nicely decorated also, the owner is a collector of all sorts of posters, so the walls are very interesting. The owner is actually quite a cool guy, he gave us coupons for free coffee at a newly opened espresso bar near the Belfast City Hall (which was good for cappuccino also, and it was delicious!). He also talked to us and told us of his travels and he started the hostels, and his love of posters. Very cool and genuine guy. There is breakfast included in the price of the room, but it's very basic - toast/jam/cereal - this sort of thing. There is a kitchen where you may cook if you wish. There is internet access you have to pay for, but it's quite reasonable if I remember correctly. Our room was clean and the beds were more comfortable than some other hotels where we stayed at and paid way more for. It was a bit noisy in the mornings for those who like to sleep in as the windows look out to the street. Every floor has a powder room, but the showers are located in the main floor, and the hostel doesn't provide towels (at least not free of charge). There is also a room with billiards and other games. The hostel is in a fairly good location, it's about a 15 min walk from the main bus station. Parking is available for free on the street (after 8 pm one can park for the night with no fees or fines).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Me and my friend are travelling across europe, I am 25 and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet when i arrive at a place, maybe a nice conversation with whomever is there, so this place was the exact opposite of what i look for. If you are like me, i would strongly NOT reccomend Vagabond's, if you like trashy parties and such, then you would have a lovely stay. List of things I did not enjoy:

- when we walked in it smelled like garbage
- there were people passed out on the couches in the common room (which was not big enough to avoid the passed out people)
- it was noisy all the way through the night
- the rooms were messy, we stayed in a mixed dorm and a guy was chugging tequila when we arrived (at 5pm) took off his clothes and went to sleep making weird noises
- we went to the common rooms and ended up in a party until 3 am with a group of teens who were spending their weekend in belfast. We decided not to go to sleep as it was too noisy to even try, with yelling, loud music and two amateur guitarists playing covers of oasis over and over. It was actually kind of entertaining to see.
- there was a creepy 40 year old guy making racist comments, hitting on all the girls and trying to make me make out with my girlfriend. It was the worst.
- the bed was squeaky and the pillow non-existent
- the bathroom i took a shower in smelled like vomit and alternated scalding hot water and freezing cold water (without adjusting the tap) and NOTHING IN BETWEEN
- the internet would reset every 20 minutes and was really slow
- the staff was sort of disorganized, didn't have change, and had locks for sale (to lock up your stuff) but they were out, so we could only get one for the two of us, which did not make me feel very safe in the room with the tequila guy.
- there is NO PARKING available, you have to park in the dodgy street.

on the up side:
- breakfast was descent, had cereal, toast, jam and peanut butter
- all the staff was really nice and recommended places to get dinner.
- the hostel was in a safe-ish neighbourhood, lots of students around.

this has been the worst hostel i have stayed at in europe, but i would recommend it to teens, they seemed to be having a ball.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple