“Delicious vegetarian tofu bao”
Review of BAO by Dead Famous

BAO by Dead Famous
Ranked #304 of 1,108 Restaurants in Belfast
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Great option for a vegetarian lunch, select tofu (or meat if not veg!) and salads, pickles and garnishes. Amazing flavours and my favourite casual lunch in Belfast. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We went in here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised, I had never tried Taiwanese street food before. Good choice of pickles and garnish and the portion size was good.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Flavour was good but spending £6 and remain hungry is a no-no for me. Totally the opposite of my experience in freshii which I highly recommend.
Staff didnt smile or offered help to decide. There aren't any menus to check other than a big board that does not specify vegan options, etc. The place itself is small and a bit claustrophobic but the worst was the portion size....the served my WHITE rice in a box with 2 slices of tofu and a splash of sauce. The whole thing was only half the box full. I can't believe for £6 you cant afford to at least fill it up with rice!!!
Overrated. I went on Fri 7/7/2017 around 1pm.

1  Thank Katy R
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Little meal menu information available so I asked a pleasant girl what she recommended.
Anyway I got frozen fries topped with pulled pork and Korean BBQ sause which is really ordinary BBQ sauce. I got an assortment of pickled veg on top.
For 5.95 it was adequate but wasn't terribly exciting Korean or Asian. I didn't try the bao.
I will go back as it's different and the friendly staff. But it's an upmarket Subway really.
Good luck to them.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

So I finally visited after much procrastination, I'm a normally a straight forward kind of guy but I visited this place a basically went on the recommendations from the guy behind the counter and it blew my mind , would defo tell any1 to visibly and get one of the bao with chicken and Korean BBQ and the house sauce