“Great Quality food, Average service”
Review of Deane's at Queens

Deane's at Queens
Ranked #112 of 1,181 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The food was lovely however quite costly. The waiting staff were knowledgeable however they kept forgetting small things like drinks orders and requests for sauces etc. Very frustrating especially when paying a premium.

1  Thank Jay D

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Had a good meal here on a Saturday evening.

I was here to use a gift voucher I received as a Christmas present.

Its not a big choice menu and not helped by a number of choices being unavailable.

Fortunately we were both able to find items we were content with.

The wine was excellent and reasonably priced.

Staff helpful and attentive.

If I hadn't had the voucher and paying myself might have been slightly disappointed at value for money but overall no real complaints.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

From the first greeting to paying our bill the service was really off key. We were seated at the back of the restaurant and it was incredibly dark. The darkness probably added to my feeling that everything was a bit grubby. The table we sat at had a badly chipped melamine top and for the entirety of our meal there was a squashed piece of food on the floor between our table and the one next to us.
The waitress who served us was polite but a bit distracted. The woman who was maitre d or manager seemed hostile, no warm greeting on arrival, our dessert wine was banged down on the table, a general feeling that she couldn’t really be bothered with us.
I feel bad for the guys in the kitchen as the food was smashing but honestly I’d not return.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Very good - I had been before for lunch which was lovely. This time we went with friends - there had been a very big party before us so the table was not ready & we were offered a change to wait at the bar. The trouble is some of our party are oldish & would have preferred a more comfy seating area to wait in. The staff were friendly helpful and very busy.
The food was lovely - very good choice & tasty. The puddings were amazing!
A bit noisy but well worth a visit!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I booked Deans whist visiting my son who is at Uni at Queens. Unbeknownst to me his Granny had taken him there two days before but the staff were so lovely that they recognised him!

The food was delicious and those that think it overpriced might want to step outside Belfast into the real world.

Service was excellent and made for a very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank withasmiletoday