Montgomerie Golf Course, Celtic Manor Resort
Review Highlights
spa break

we visited the Celtic Manor on a Spa deal . Beautiful hotel with excellent facilities . Friendly... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
54jennywren54
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Amazing course, TAKE BUGGIES

We recently played this course as part of the Celtic Manor package Course The course was in... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Stubok
Bagshot, Surrey

All reviews roman road celtic manor the grill tee boxes in great condition courses buggy holes clubs monty handicaps reception cardiff
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Amazing welcome! Superb staff telling you about your day and how it will be organised.
Brilliant bacon butties and tea! Warm welcome from the "Starters hut", course stewards very helpful and informative. 19th hole very good and the "golfers meal" was excellent...BUT...
Hole descriptor boards were so faded...they were often overlooked by competitors.
No "steps" up to the tee boxes...so the boxes were very muddy, squelchy and sad looking.
Why doesn't the course INSIST that all golfers carry and use a pitch mark repairer? Easy to check at the "Starters hut". I repaired my pitch marks and one other, and another, and then I ran out of time...

I was disappointed by my Montgomerie Course experience...I will return to try another of the courses, and enjoy the food, drinks, and welcome.

1  Thank victorf654
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Played this course on one of the coldest days for many years. The course is very hilly and I would certainly recommend a buggy especially if you are an elderly golfer. It is a lovely course and well with playing.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

All of the staff were very welcoming, friendly, and always on hand to help in any way they could. Room very spacious spotless clean, and bed very comfortable. Food was excellent and plenty of choices. One of the best Hotels we have stayed in. Can’t wait to return.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Great place for a relaxing afternoon with friends and family. My 3 children were happily amused with the park and jumping castle. We enjoyed the tasty fish and chips, nachos and pulled pork burger along with some refreshing beverages. Service by Rahul was exceptionally praiseworthy and we will certainly be back to enjoy this fabulous atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I am sure this would be a nice course to play if it was in good condition. I assume the only reason it was open was because they have so many corporate clients they do not close it. The course throughout was extremely muddy to the extent that fairway or rough the ball would frequently plug. On most holes you were ankle deep in mud around the tees and greens. Any normal club course would not be open. Very poor.