“Noble no more”

Noble House
Price range: USD 20 - USD 33
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: Fans of Chinese and Japanese cuisine need look no further than the accommodating and unpretentious Noble House on just steps from the mainline station on Wood Street. Undoubtedly one of Cardiff City Centre’s best loved restaurants, Noble House is known for its friendly and accommodating service as much as for its delicious food. With a selection of your favourite Chinese dishes plus some imaginative additions – plus the hugely popular Japanese section of the menu – Noble House could never be accused of being stingy with their choices, the Chefs will even offer off-menu options. With generous portions and food always well presented and cooked to perfection there’s no better choice in the area.
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I always called into the noble house on international days in Cardiff but I must have had beer goggles on on a recent visit and I hasten to add sober day to Cardiff I called in and was really disappointed average tepid food in a dingy atmosphere I won't be returning anytime soon unless of course I'm wearing those beer goggles

1  Thank trogsaway

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Pre march set menu varied and food excellent. Great place to watch the crowds arrive as close to gates to Millenium.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Last time I went there, the place looked tired and tatty.

Food was so-so.

Only went back as it is a proper restaurant and I was very early for a train, but it was closed!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We had diner there during our stay in Cardiff. We tried several dishes such as sweet and sour chicken or noodles which were quite good. But we ordered beef with ginger and the meat was not cooked (a part of it was completely raw). Our beef dish was cooked again. Then we ordered vegetables but some of them had a rancid oil taste.
Chopsticks looked old and dirty. And the restaurant itself should be redecorated.
The staff is polite but reserved.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The food was OK, but the general presentation put you off ,the lazy susie had dried food stains left on it. When I opened the menu old crumbs fell out .My wife came back from the toilet and said it was disgusting. The matre dee had stains down the front of his sweater.