“Perfect New Years Eve Venue ”
Review of Wahaca Cardiff

Wahaca Cardiff
Ranked #76 of 1,368 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: USD 9 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wahaca's first restaurant in Wales serves up the Tidiest Tacos on the Taff. Drop in for a taste of Mexican market eating in the heart of Cardiff, or a drink in the upstairs Rojito cocktail bar where there's fresh cocktails with a modern Mexican twist.
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Visited here on NYE after the rugby and couldn't have asked for a better venue. Great food, lovely cocktails, didn't feel rushed even though they had people waiting for tables! Very relaxed and fun atmosphere meant we all had a lovely evening. Sharing set dishes were all good and the fish tacos Will definitely be going back!

Wahaca C, Manager at Wahaca Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you very much for this delightful review! I'm thrilled to hear you chose to spend New Years Eve with us, and even more so that you had such a wonderful time. I have to agree, the fish tacos are spot on and one of my favourites!

Please drop me a line on cardiff@wahaca.co.uk before your next visit and I'll be sure to arrange a special treat for you.

China

Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Went here for a meal on New Years eve as was struggling to find anywhere that was open. Was pleasantly surprised at the vegan menu they had available. Although service was slightly slow this was to be expected with a full restaurant on New Years eve! the staff were lovely and the food was great. Would definitely reccomend

Hi Joshd002!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fab review! I'm so glad to hear just how much you enjoyed your time here, and even more so found some tasty vegan options to enjoy. Here at Wahaca we think it is super important to provide for the needs of every customer, which includes having many different options to choose from when it comes to dietary requirements. The sweet potato burrito is delicious and even something our non vegan guests order!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

This was our first visit, our waitress was really helpful. She asked how hungry we were and agreed with our choice of dishes from the street food menu. We only wanted a snack so we ordered 3 street food dishes to share. They were very nice, but very little (for the price). I also see had a Majito which was also 'very little' (for the price) it was a glass of crushed ice with a straw in it, and not much else. We enjoyed our experience but, for us, it was a bit of a rip off.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Food was OK. Service was a disgrace. Usually 10/10 so very disappointed. Manners cost nothing ive never come accross such a rude waitress with such a bad attitude. Staff bringing the food out were faultless.

Wahaca C, Manager at Wahaca Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Hi Catherine H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I am extremely sorry to hear how disappointed you were on your most recent visit. Is there any chance you would be able to drop me an email on cardiff@wahaca.co.uk so we could discuss this in greater detail and possibly get some more information.

Emma China

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Well earned pit stop for food after a full day of Christmas shopping. The service was excellent very quick and very tasty food!! This is a regular place to visit for us as we like the food here so much

Hi Michelle C,

Thank you SO much for leaving us this wonderful review! I'm thrilled to hear just how much you enjoyed your experience here at Wahaca. We do hope you come back and see us again very soon.

Drop me a line on cardiff@wahaca.co.uk before your next visit and I'll be sure to arrange a special treat for you.