All reviews continental breakfast pub with rooms city centre off street parking no lift cricket ground good size bute park car park family room b and b large bathroom tea and coffee making facilities short walk stayed for two nights single room quiet room
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We stayed for two nights, with another couple. Our rooms was clean and comfortable, however the shower could do with a bit of attention(black in the grout) The breakfast was fine and a cooked breakfast could be had for a small price. The staff were great, the meals in the pub just average, but there was off street parking, which is always a bonus, and a short walk into the city and the Castle, plus a bus stop just up the street.

Date of stay: October 2017
General Manager A, Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi Daridownunder, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Innkeeper's Lodge Cardiff. We're happy we could meet your expectations!
Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean and perfectly adequate. My wife was here for a conference and I was starting a bike trip. Breakfast was included and it was all I needed to set me up for a 70 mile bike ride. Great value.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Roland and Wend... C

Roland And Wend... C, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!

Thank you again for leaving us this response!

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Great location, just a short walk to Cardiff Castle and city centre. Staff were very helpful and polite. Rooms were comfy and clean, plenty of tea and coffee available. we stayed over the weekend and it was quite busy but wasn't a problem. We ate in the lounge bar in the evening, there was a good choice of food and it was was very good and not expensive. Cereals, toast and fruit were included in the price but cooked breakfast was extra, again very reasonably priced. Would certainly stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Sashasmudge, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Innkeepers Lodge in Cardiff for two nights at the start of a UK road trip. We found it's location to the centre of town very good (about a 15 minute walk) and the meals where nice. The room itself was clean with a massive bed although the room was small. Generally the service was good but when I complained about the noisy renovations directly upstairs still going on at 7pm I was told there were no current renovations taking place despite my finding the offending area.
Breakfast was basic but for a small fee a better breakfast can be bought. I highly recommend their own pies for dinner. Yum!
The internet was so slow it was non existent.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager A, Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hi John T, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Innkeeper's Lodge Cardiff. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

We are sorry about the internet, we do have problems with this from time to time and we are working on an improved service.

Thank you for the review, we hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We stayed for one night prior to a University visit and I have to admit was drawn by them having their own car park as so many hotels in Cardiff don't seem to. It's in a lovely street and actually in a much nicer location than many other places I had looked at. Not somewhere for anyone who has difficulty with stairs but it's worth the climb. Nice sized rooms, spotlessly clean with tea and coffee making facilities. If I was to be picky, the shower curtain could have done with replacing as it was badly stained as was the Lino in the bathroom, but it was clean so you can overlook it.
The continental breakfast was great, the croissants the nicest I have had in a long time. Fantastic staff, really helpful and friendly which makes a huge difference. Since my daughter is in Cardiff for the next three years I'm sure we will stay again.

Date of stay: August 2017