All reviews continental breakfast pub with rooms city centre off street parking no lift cricket ground good size bute park car park family room b and b large bathroom tea and coffee making facilities short walk stayed for two nights single room quiet room
Reviewed 5 September 2016

It was very clean with a comfy bed- staff were very friendly - it was a good location a £5 taxi fare from town centre.
The complimentary breakfast was excellent - lots of choice - cereal - fruit - croissants - muffins - toast etc
On the downside - no lift - window wouldn't open in bedroom although there was a fan it wasn't really adequate as it was a very humid night

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. We read every review and try and take all guest feedback on board so we can continually improve.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here as from the reviews and pictures it looked nice. However I'm not sure how it was awarded 4* it's in need of a lot of modernising. Toilet system made noise all night constantly re filling,people outside smoking below our room made a lot of noise. When you used the hot tap on the sink it spat water every time due to air in system.The Lino in the bathroom was stained and dirty. The breakfast was a continental buffet, when I asked for a breakfast to be cooked at my added expense what I didn't mind paying for,I was told a lot of people had just come in and I would have to wait a long time. I couldn't believe what I was hearing surely a paying guest should get priority over someone who had walked in off the street.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for your review. We’re really sorry to hear you had a poor experience when you visited. Your feedback is really important to us and we’ll make sure the team sees your comments.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

We booked last minute and the only room left was a triple room. The location, free parking, excellent breakfast and the lovely staff are the reason this hotel gets an 'average' and not a 'poor'. We were in room 1 - The room was very tired and dated and like a sauna. There was no aircon or fan in the room and even with both the windows open the maximum of 4 inches there was just no air at all. Unfortunately, to make matters worse, the kitchens extractor fan was below our window and as well as the really loud hum that went on and off all day & night we also got the smells drifting into the room through the open window. The bed was really old and uncomfortable with springs poking up which coupled with the fan outside meant that we didn't get a very good nights sleep at all. There was no bedside lamp, meaning you had to get up and walk across the room in the dark after turning the light off - this is not a major problem until you stand on the broken doorstop, which has no rubber stopper and is just a very sharp piece of metal!! The bathroom was really big, but the bath was old, small and dirty as was the hand basin. There was a really cheap shower curtain and the most poorly placed soap dispenser (with very sharp corners) I have ever come across. The shower over the bath looked quite new, but the water pressure was awful. As I previously said, the staff were lovely both in the hotel & bar. The free parking was essential as there is street parking in the area but its constantly full. Location is great - a 10 minute walk through a lovely park and you are at the castle. We paid for a full English breakfast which was cooked to order and was really good, but the continental selection was OK too. I would have written this review 2 days ago (before we left the hotel) but the internet was so slow that I would never have finished it!!
If room 1 was redesigned with a new bed, new bathroom, some soundproofing and a few mod-cons then I would happily stay here again.

Room tip: Room 1 is not a good room (especially if the weather is good!)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Very nice hotel, very clean. Convienient for Swalec stadium and town centre. Situated on quiet tree lined road near castle and river. Continental breakfast was good, lots of choice and additional full english was excellent value at £2.99. Traveling alone i ate in the pub below each evening with a good choice of pubgrub menu. My only complaint would be the very small bathroom, very little room in the shower. Overall though a very good hotel with good value for money. I would definatly stay here again

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Thanks for your feedback on your visit. We’re really glad you enjoyed it and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

As a visually impaired, disabled person, I was initially disappointed that there is no lift. The staff made sure this was never a problem. taking wonderful care of me. Despite the low price, my single room was spacious and airy, everwhere spotlesslely clean, the continenntal breakfast (I don't eat cooked) the best of the three hotels I stayed in -the other two being 5* luxury at 4/5 times the cost. The food in the bar/pub attached was also excellent & good value. I highly recommend the Innkekeper's Lodge to all but the totally wheel-chair-bound.

Room tip: I saw only my room - a spacious single with no attempt to make it a meagre doujble
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank E5860FAmary
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.