Lowest prices for your stay
AU$139
Richard A
Beccles, United Kingdom

Great central position when visiting cardiff

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Apr 2024
Had a great stay. Greeted with a smile from staff , ROOM very nice. Breakfast is very nice. The hotel is not far from the train station. The castle is across the road. The town centre is only 5 to ten minute walk, Enjoyed our stay, would recommend. Thank you Holiday inn
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$157
1.3 km from Holiday Inn Cardiff City, An IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Cardiff
1,921 results
All reviews millennium stadium city centre opposite the castle car park bute park excellent location reception staff executive room would stay again good nights sleep rugby principality bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2024

We used the hotel conference facilities for a number of supplier events. The team who supported us at the hotel were fantastic. Sebastian, Paul and Gintare were so professional and looked after us extremely well. Nothing was too much trouble and they ensured our events ran smoothly from provided enough refreshments, timing our lunches perfectly and generally being a lovely and polite team - even helping us with our technical challenges! I would recommend the hotel to other businesses as the room aspect was perfect was - we were in the Rhossili suite. Thank you to the team 😊

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2024 via mobile

We recently stayed here on a three night break. We had a very enjoyable stay, the hotel was very comfortable, serving an excellent breakfast with very friendly staff. The dining area & bar/lounge was a very relaxing space. My only negative point is that the room needed redecorating & the bathroom needed upgrading. I would be very happy to return.

Reviewed 23 March 2024 via mobile

Reading these reviews I’m wondering if I was in the same hotel? I’m assuming there has been some refurb work going on and the room I stayed in hasn’t been done yet. It was the oldest, loudest and most outdated room I’ve ever stayed in. It reminded me of a bad travelodge. My bed was literally a mattress on wheels, no headboard. The bathroom was old and dirty and I’m pretty sure the door was made of paper because I heard everything - even the elevator ding! I didn’t sleep a wink. It was like going back to the 80s!

The staff were lovely though and I did receive some bonus points by way of compensation but I will never go back there. As a seasoned business traveller who has stayed at a lot of holiday inns, this was by far the worst and the group should be ashamed of themselves . Not the standard I expect from IHG.

Room tip: Avoid room 318 like the plague
Trip type: Travelled on business
Richard Platts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2024

Dear Getaway18578074384

I am sorry your recent stay had several shortcomings, and I am grateful for you posting this review in order that we can rectify potential issues for future guests.

I would be grateful if you could drop me the details of your stay on email to richard.platts@hicardiffcitycentre.co.uk so I can look into this personally.

My apologies once again.

Kind regards

Richard Platts
GM

Reviewed 20 March 2024

Used this hotel as a base for the Wales v Italy game. Couldn’t ask for a better location with the added surprise of the Guiness tent at the entrance. Callaghan’s is the pub attached to the hotel which was ideal to catch up with rest of the games. Fantastic location for the Principality Stadium and for the centre of town. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cardiff. Excellent value with everything on the door step.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2024

Having booked a parking space with your parking space.com for an event, we arrived only to be informed that the hotel did not allow event parking and that our booking should not have been accepted through the provider as they have previously mentioned this to them before. Having said that can I thank the staff that delt with us as they did so with total professional manner and were extremely helpful in dealing with our predicament. Many thanks to all the staff.