Lowest prices for your stay
AU$137
kaz S
UK

Excellent hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Apr 2024via mobile
We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at this hotel, Staff are really friendly and helpful, arrived early by train so they stored our luggage while we went around Cardiff, executive double bedroom was clean and had everything u need in it, including a fridge, safe, robes and coffee pod machine, bed was a standard double but that wasn't an issue. Breakfast was lovely and evening meal was really tasty, could'nt fault it, will definitely be coming back, be aware when u enter the lift you have to scan your key card on the box inside before selecting your floor number, a good security factor.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review
Responded 4 weeks ago
Good evening,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay and our hotel.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our executive bedrooms and the included amenities, as well as our breakfast and dinner offerings.
Our guest security is a major priority for us, so I am glad to read you valued the added scan as much as we do.
Hoping to see you back in Cardiff in the near future.
    AU$149
  • Vio.com
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Cardiff
3,375 results
All reviews train station afternoon tea city centre single bed car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning executive room saturday night motorpoint arena floor prosecco nightlife ncp
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2024

Great location! The staff were very friendly , efficient and helpful. Rooms were clean, warm and comfortable. We were very lucky to have an upgrade including a bowl of fruit and chocolates in the room. It was such a lovely surprise. I will definitely be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear you found our staff service efficient and helpful and the rooms comfortable.
We hope to welcome you back to the Clayton Hotel Cardiff soon - don't hesitate to reach out to us ahead of your next stay and we will happily place another sweet surprise into your room.

Reviewed 11 April 2024

Clayton hospitality as good as it gets

I put my cards on the table many times my wife and I have stayed at Clayton Cardiff over the years and many times we have received excellent service.
This time was no exception from my initial contact with Shaye /Louise Assistant front office manager via e-mail to all staff we met we always greeted with a smile.
Josh on reception is always friendly and helpful our room 9006 is a corner room with excellent views of Cardiff high street. The room was large with natural light with the essential robes/slippers and pod machine. It was cleaned to a very high standard.
It was a nice touch for cakes to be left out along with a lovely card welcoming us as returning guests and mentioning my wife and I forthcoming 40th wedding anniversary.
We had a slight problem with the Sky remote and contacted reception “I kid you not “George the deputy Manager came to our room under five minutes to assist us. He was Immaculately dressed with manners to match a credit to the Clayton brand.
At breakfast on a dreary, raining Monday morning without doubt the stars of the show were the irrepressible duo which are Paddy and Gina. Greeted with smiles and genuine friendlessness sprinkled with a dose of Irish charm makes all the difference. Both gregarious and both blend in with the Clayton mantra of customer first.
A big shout out to the unsung hero the chefs as the breakfast was hot, tasty and plentiful although my personal favourite of fried bread was not available.
As we left refreshed, revitalised and looking forward to the day ahead it was all credit to Clayton hospitality as my headline states it is as good as it gets.

Room tip: Corner rooms have the best views
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Paul,
Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel and team members.
I am delighted you both enjoyed your stay with us and all feedback has of course been passed on to Shaye-Louise, Josh, Gina, Paddy and George directly to thank them for their hard work.
We all hope to see you back in Cardiff in the near future - if there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2024 via mobile

No internet in the room, only in the corridor or in the meeting room areas. Reception were very friendly and said someone would come to troubleshoot but no one turned up. The room was dusty, and the shower pressure was poor. All in all very underwhelming, wouldn’t book again, but if all you want is a bed right next to the station it ticks that box.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2024

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble with the Wi-Fi connection in your bedroom and the shower pressure.
We have passed this on to the relevant managers to look into your booking.
Please do get in touch with us, when you are in Cardiff next and I will ensure you are being looked after.

Reviewed 18 March 2024

The location is amazing.
Rooms are average and adequate but got terribly hot and even trying to cool them with air con didn't seem to work.
The room was also very dark due to small window and inadequate lighting in main bedroom.
Bar was OK and I didn't use the restaurant to comment.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am glad you found our location convenient for your visit.
Please do let us know of any inconveniences or issues you are experiencing during your stay, as we are always happy to try and rectify them there and then.
We would be delighted to allocate a room on a higher floor for you for your next visit, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us prior to arrival.
Looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Cardiff soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2024

I chose this hotel as I was attending Velindre Cancer Centre daily for treatment for a whole month. I could not have chosen a better hotel as it turned out to be prefect. The hotel is 2 minutes walk on the flat from Cardiff Central Railway Station, with its taxi rank, and about 6 minutes from local bus stops. Although close to the railway there were no real problems with the trains passing level with the sports bar. The hotel is clean and comfortable with all the amenities that you would expect from a 4* hotel. The sports bar serves a wide selection of drinks. Evening meals in the restaurant were invariably excellent, tasty, ample in size and well presented. Sadly the hot cooked breakfast each morning was poor as it was no where near warm enough - although this is the case in almost all hotels I've visited who offer a hot buffet. However, the BEST thing about this hotel for me was the staff - WITHOUT EXCEPTION they were friendly, efficient and interested in how I was doing. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if traveling by public transport. Certainly I will be staying there on my future visits to Cardiff.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Hatt,
Thank you very much for your lovely review of our hotel and staff members.
We have shared your kind words with our team and thanked them for their hard work.
& Team