Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Towbar
Chester

Average hotel in great location

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Mar 2024
The location is amazing.
Rooms are average and adequate but got terribly hot and even trying to cool them with air con didn't seem to work.
The room was also very dark due to small window and inadequate lighting in main bedroom.
Bar was OK and I didn't use the restaurant to comment.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review
Responded 19 Mar 2024
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am glad you found our location convenient for your visit.
Please do let us know of any inconveniences or issues you are experiencing during your stay, as we are always happy to try and rectify them there and then.
We would be delighted to allocate a room on a higher floor for you for your next visit, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us prior to arrival.
Looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Cardiff soon.
Kind regards,
0.7 km from Clayton Hotel Cardiff
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Cardiff
3,381 results
All reviews train station afternoon tea city centre single bed car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning executive room saturday night motorpoint arena floor prosecco nightlife ncp
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2024

I chose this hotel as I was attending Velindre Cancer Centre daily for treatment for a whole month. I could not have chosen a better hotel as it turned out to be prefect. The hotel is 2 minutes walk on the flat from Cardiff Central Railway Station, with its taxi rank, and about 6 minutes from local bus stops. Although close to the railway there were no real problems with the trains passing level with the sports bar. The hotel is clean and comfortable with all the amenities that you would expect from a 4* hotel. The sports bar serves a wide selection of drinks. Evening meals in the restaurant were invariably excellent, tasty, ample in size and well presented. Sadly the hot cooked breakfast each morning was poor as it was no where near warm enough - although this is the case in almost all hotels I've visited who offer a hot buffet. However, the BEST thing about this hotel for me was the staff - WITHOUT EXCEPTION they were friendly, efficient and interested in how I was doing. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if traveling by public transport. Certainly I will be staying there on my future visits to Cardiff.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2024

Dear Hatt,
Thank you very much for your lovely review of our hotel and staff members.
We have shared your kind words with our team and thanked them for their hard work.
& Team

Reviewed 13 March 2024 via mobile

Nice hotel, comfortable beds and clean room. Breakfast was very nice and well presented. Friendly staff throughout. Really close to the station and the nearby shops and bars in the city centre. The room was a little cold for my liking though. I couldn’t get the air conditioning or rather, heating to work. I prefer a cool room anyway but it was just a little colder than I would have liked.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2024

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel and your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast and that our location worked well for your visit.
My apologies that your room was a little colder - please do let us know during your stay if there is anything we can improve or assist you with and your team will be happy to help.
Hoping to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2024

Never in my time travelling around the UK, have I met a staff member as discriminatory and unjust as Karthi, the night manager at Clayton’s Hotel, Cardiff.
He was incredibly rude, uninclusive as I tried to bring back my gay partner to my room. He mentioned that it was against the rules and hinted that I had to be straight to let someone in or pay an extra 200 pounds for them to stay the night.

I will not be back.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2024

We had a brunch with bubbly for my birthday and although the selection of food for vegetarians could have been better, we had a lovely time. The bubbly was much better than Prosecco being a mousseux which was very good to drink and left no after effects like some do. However, a major shout out goes to our waitress Gina who was amazing. She could not do enough and made sure everyting was to our satisfaction, she is a definite asset to the hotel and we would go again.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Peter,
Thank you very much for your lovely review of our afternoon tea, I am delighted to read you had a good time and birthday celebration.
Your feedback of Gina will of course be shared with her as well - we are delighted she is on our team!
Thank you also for letting us know regarding the vegetarian selection, I will speak to our kitchen team to work on a different menu.
We hope to welcome you back for Afternoon Tea or a stay with us soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2024 via mobile

I stayed for one night for work and I’d definitely stay again. Perfect location for the central station and city centre. My room was clean and modern and well equipped. I could hear the trains and the lifts, but once my earplugs were stuffed in, it was fine. Breakfast was nice with a good choice. The staff were really friendly and cheerful, especially the chap on reception and the lady at breakfast, I really appreciated how jolly and welcoming they both were.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2024

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your great review.
I am glad to read that our location worked well for you and that you found our rooms suitable for your stay.
Your feedback will of course be passed on to Josh at reception and Gina in breakfast as well – we are lucky to have them both as part of our team.
Hoping to welcome you back to the Clayton soon!