Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ediski
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Good central hotel.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Mar 2024via mobile
Nice hotel, comfortable beds and clean room. Breakfast was very nice and well presented. Friendly staff throughout. Really close to the station and the nearby shops and bars in the city centre. The room was a little cold for my liking though. I couldn’t get the air conditioning or rather, heating to work. I prefer a cool room anyway but it was just a little colder than I would have liked.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review
Responded 14 Mar 2024
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel and your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast and that our location worked well for your visit.
My apologies that your room was a little colder - please do let us know during your stay if there is anything we can improve or assist you with and your team will be happy to help.
Hoping to welcome you back in the near future.
    AU$161
5.3 km from Clayton Hotel Cardiff
Free parking
View more hotels in Cardiff
3,380 results
All reviews train station afternoon tea city centre single bed car park excellent location lovely hotel bars and restaurants coffee machine the air conditioning executive room saturday night motorpoint arena floor prosecco nightlife ncp
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2024

Never in my time travelling around the UK, have I met a staff member as discriminatory and unjust as Karthi, the night manager at Clayton’s Hotel, Cardiff.
He was incredibly rude, uninclusive as I tried to bring back my gay partner to my room. He mentioned that it was against the rules and hinted that I had to be straight to let someone in or pay an extra 200 pounds for them to stay the night.

I will not be back.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2024

We had a brunch with bubbly for my birthday and although the selection of food for vegetarians could have been better, we had a lovely time. The bubbly was much better than Prosecco being a mousseux which was very good to drink and left no after effects like some do. However, a major shout out goes to our waitress Gina who was amazing. She could not do enough and made sure everyting was to our satisfaction, she is a definite asset to the hotel and we would go again.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2024

Dear Peter,
Thank you very much for your lovely review of our afternoon tea, I am delighted to read you had a good time and birthday celebration.
Your feedback of Gina will of course be shared with her as well - we are delighted she is on our team!
Thank you also for letting us know regarding the vegetarian selection, I will speak to our kitchen team to work on a different menu.
We hope to welcome you back for Afternoon Tea or a stay with us soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2024 via mobile

I stayed for one night for work and I’d definitely stay again. Perfect location for the central station and city centre. My room was clean and modern and well equipped. I could hear the trains and the lifts, but once my earplugs were stuffed in, it was fine. Breakfast was nice with a good choice. The staff were really friendly and cheerful, especially the chap on reception and the lady at breakfast, I really appreciated how jolly and welcoming they both were.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Clayton Cardiff, Owner at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2024

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your great review.
I am glad to read that our location worked well for you and that you found our rooms suitable for your stay.
Your feedback will of course be passed on to Josh at reception and Gina in breakfast as well – we are lucky to have them both as part of our team.
Hoping to welcome you back to the Clayton soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2024

Amazingly wonderful staff throughout the hotel helped to make this s really enjoyable trip for my wife and I. There were a couple of little snags (TV not working and sink in bathroom blocked) but we cannot complain about these as they were rectified almost immediately. We were even given a complimentary drink from room service as an apology. Special mentions to George, Josh and Lito fir all their help and advice.
The room was very comfortable.
I am wheelchair bound and the accessibility is second to none. The staff in the restaurant were beyond exceptional in their assistance and understanding.
I hired an EV and was able to leave it in the storage room when not in use.
Overall a really nice place to stay.

Room tip: Be aware that rooms, other than those designated accessible, have a bath/shower. There is no parking on site but you are totally central.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and that we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Your special mention to George, Lito, Josh and our restaurant staff will of course be passed on to them directly as well.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Cardiff in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2024

We went for afternoon tea there and it has to be the best food around, we’ve been here a few times and it’s my favourite as the cakes and sandwiches are delicious and the staff are wonderful especially Gina who is a fabulous person and an asset to the company, well done, keep it up

Date of stay: January 2024