2,576 results
All reviews train station city centre perfect location single bed car park millennium stadium night life afternoon tea modern hotel bars and restaurants light sleeper coffee machine buffet style family room few minutes walk stayed here for one night saturday night
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Booked an afternoon tea for my mams birthday celebrations with my family. All was perfect the table positioning the service by James and Alex who is a trainee, he was very pleasant and helpful as was James. The afternoon tea was excellent. Would definitely book again.
Kind regards
Jayne x

Room tip: not applicable
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Clayton_Cardiff, Graduate Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Jayne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us. We are delighted to hear that you chose to visit us for your mother's birthday celebration. I am passed your kind words on to Alex, James & the chefs who are all delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I deliver quite a number of training events here and they always go well. Sue and her team are always effective, efficient an friendly. Marius Ciumberica always ensures my delegates get what they want and is always available to sort out any AV or logistical issues. It is very handy for the central rail station and has a very nice restaurant. The meeting/training rooms are always clean and well-prepared. Happy to recommend The Clayton for business meetings and training events in Cardiff.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear 665AndyP,

Thank you very much for leaving a review with us. We are glad to hear you enjoy using our meeting/training rooms, as the location is convenient to you and you enjoy our restaurant. I have passed your feedback onto Sue and Marius and they are very thankful that you enjoy using our hotel!

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Friends and I stopped by for lunch, we were directed to the restaurant by Catherine who was very polite and kind, a lovely first face to see on entering the hotel. At the restaurant we were welcomed very cheerfully by George and then served by James who made us feel very welcome indeed. The food was great and atmosphere was lovely. George and James made my friends little boy giggle, while I'm sure that's not part of their service to their guests we couldn't help but smile. Thank you to Catherine, George and James as well as the chef.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Clayton_Cardiff, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Laura,
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your experience at the Clayton hotel Cardiff.
I have passed on your feedback to Catherine , George , James and the chefs, they are all delighted that they could make your visit enjoyable and make your little boy giggle! :)

Hopefully we will see you again soon if you are travelling back to Cardiff.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Just the one night for a family gathering. Lovely staff with great friendly attitude. Good value for money. Easy check in and assistance with directions and things to do.

Breakfast is generous and tasty. Rooms clean and functional.

Thanks and we will be back

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Leocurran
Clayton_Cardiff, Graduate Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Leocurran,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review with us,we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us for your family gathering. Our team was delighted to hear your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed our Vitality Breakfast!

Hopefully we will see you soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night whilst on business. Check in was quick and the staff were friendly. The room was nice, clean, tea and coffee facilities, iron and ironing board. The bed was very comfortable.
Great location. Very close to all the bars. The shops are a little further to walk but it's a nice walk and the castle is also close by with a lovely park to walk around
Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank V44MYS

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us while on business in Cardiff, I am delighted the location was convenient to you and the staff were friendly throughout your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Cardiff again for leisure or business.