2,387 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daylovely hotelgood sizechanging roomsgreat facilitiescoffee machinereception staffcardiff centreshort break
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

First stay at this hotel, easy to find and car park facilities are available , I think there is a charge, however I didn't get charged for the parking when I stayed.

Hotel room nicely decorated and helpful products in the room such as mini fridge, shower products, tea/coffee etc

Breakfast was additional and I didn't book so can't comment. Hotel did have a restaurant and menu was pretty decent

Hotel also has a gym and spa facility, however I didn't use on this occasion

Decent hotel, nicely situated, good facilities, I would use again

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Douglas G, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you very much for your review - delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Highest regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here overnight during the Easter hols in adjoining rooms. It is child friendly. Kids had a great time in the pool which they loved and pancakes for breakfast that they made themselves..pressing a button! Rooms were clean, staff friendly and helpful. Perfect hotel for stopping off overnight. £12 parking charge in hotels own carpark is a bit annoying, but good value for money despite this. location is close to lovely shopping centre and eateries.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Look forward to welcoming you back! Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have been a Platinum or Gold member of Accor group for the last six years and this is the first really negative review I have had to write for any of their Hotels in all that time, so I don't do it lightly, especially as Novotel is one of my favourite brands and I have spent hundreds of nights in them.

I write very few negative reviews of Hotels as just because you have had a bad experience it may well be that you are the exception. I believe in relaying concerns directly to the Hotel and giving them a chance to rectify any issues, then if you still have a bad second experience or things don't change then write a negative review. However I will not be returning (the first for an Accor Hotel) so hence this review. A summary follows.

1. I was in town for a week for work and the AJ fight, with my wife joining me for the Easter holiday. Arrived to find I'd been allocated a 'disability/special access room. This was not a last minute booking I hasten to add! The room contained no furniture, no sofa, not even a chair. I went straight to reception and explained you cant seriously expect my wife and I to spend a week in this room? only to be told, sorry nothing else available. Naturally I executed a vertical take off and went back to my room to pack my bags and leave, even though I knew it would cost me a small fortune for alternate accommodation at short notice. Then suddenly a standard room was suddenly found to be vacant and I was located that.

2. Moved in to new room and made ready for bed, only to find I was in a room next to the plant (generators) with no chance of getting any sleep (room 500). So straight back to reception in my PJ's. Chap on reception was very honest and said it was a noisy room and looked what was available and allocated me room 302. At last a room that seemed to have no issues. Obviously I wasn't best pleased that the original info that the disability room was only one available was blatantly untrue.

3. Now ensconced in room 302 and had a good nights sleep. Following day decided to have a shower only to find pipe was split and water was coming out of shower head sideways. By this time I was just laughing until the shower fell off the wall and hit me on the head at which point I cancelled the rest of my reservation and forked out a small fortune for the Marriott. Though I had no choice but to return on the Saturday for one night as no alternate rooms available fight night.

4. Coffee , tea water etc not replenished once during the four nights i stayed, despite numerous trips to reception to report it.

5. Saturday return for one night, lovely big room, looked promising until my wife went for a shower and came straight out of the bathroom complaining it smelt of drains, which it did. However I we just went out and decided to shower the following day when we went back to the Marriott.

To conclude the reason this is a two star review and not one was due to the efforts of three staff, Mark (maintenance) and David and a lovely lady whose name I cant quite remember but began with C (Carla or Carmen) ? on the front desk who despite everything that could go wrong being realised did their best.

I would strongly advise any business traveller who wants to support the Accor to use the Ibis near the motorpoint arena as the it is a cracking Hotel for the money and one where I personally have never had an issue.
If brand loyalty or cost is not an issue, choose the Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel with pool, sauna and steam room. Obv children are here but that didn’t bother us. My hair dryer didn’t work but they sorted it for us and let me use another room. We didn’t eat here as had a meal booked but it looked lovely. Lots of noise in the hallways during the night but not the hotels fault.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Douglas G, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Just an overnight stay during a visit to a family member in hospital. Booked in here as they are dog friendly but offloaded the dog with parent at last minute. Stayed in this hotel plenty of times and am always impressed with communal areas. Food was as good as was service. Wide and varied menus so plenty to suit all. The only critique of this place for me is that they could do with updating the guest rooms. Always clean and tidy but could do with some modernisation to fall in to line with the rest of the hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank louiserog1

Thank you very much for your review - we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Kind regards,