1,631 results
All reviews car park mill lane the executive lounge city centre one way system train station bars and restaurants john lewis two double beds bit dated high floor location is excellent per night public areas reception staff few minutes walk would stay again
Reviewed 12 October 2018

We went for a 2 night mini break this week and the Hotel was very central for all shopping and restaurants in the centre of Cardiff. The check in was very professional and speedy , they could not help enough , the room was clean and spacious for our need and the view was excellent.
The breakfast was excellent with lots of choices and the staff were helpful and courteous and the Bar staff were friendly as well. the Hotel was having a power outage at 1700 and the staff kept everybody informed about the process and the only downside was the power outage did affect the pool and it was not operational during the visit which was a little disappointing but could not be avoided.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I had a good stay but a failure at checkin caused me some issues. As a platinum guest my cards information is on file. I was asked if it was OK to charge to the card and did say that the card on file had changed but was told this wasn’t an issue.

On the second night I was called down as my card had been rejected for a bar bill. I had to get dressed and go down to do something which should have be done at check in.

The main stay was fine and this is normally a good hotel and I would have put excellent except for this one issue

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed as base for Cardiff half marathon, mixed atmosphere, initial presentation seemed positive and friendly welcome. Rooms were adequate, although slightly dated, & despite non smoking rules it was obvious the bathroom had been used for this ( not establishments fault). Disappointed with the lack of free Wi-fi which is standard in the majority of lower standard/cost hotels we have stayed in,coupled with minimal access to 4G from the room added to the dated feel. Food available via room service was better than the limited bar menu. Would stay again but only if nothing else available-felt promotes higher standard than given.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Guest Relations C, Guest Relations Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Karen G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at the Cardiff Marriott. Unfortunately our Wi-Fi is chargeable, however it is complimentary for all our Marriott Rewards Members which is free to join. I would highly recommend signing up to take advantage of the complimentary Wi-Fi.

I am sorry to read that our rooms didn't meet your expectations, I have shared your comments with our Executive Team and hopefully a refurbishment will take place in the future. I would like to thank you for your feedback and hopefully we can welcome you back when your travels next bring you to Cardiff.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Let’s begin with the good things about this hotel. It’s in a great location for a city break. Customer service on reception and in the bar are also excellent, which you would expect for a Mariott hotel. As with many hotels, it is the little things that let them down.

We paid to upgrade to a Queen room at a cost of £175 for the night - room only. For £175 for room only, we are used to far superior ‘luxuries’. Having stayed in hotels such as the Celtic Manor, The Vale Hotel and St David’s hotel, for a lower price,the rooms are much better quality. The room itself is very small compared to the other hotels we have stayed in for less money. The decor in our room is poor, with scratched, tired looking wood furniture, tiles missing in the bathroom and old, noisy aluminum windows. Complimentary water is not provided at the Mariott, whereas it was in the other hotels. To not supply bottled water at a cost of probably not more than £1.50 out of the £175 room price was a massive ‘own goal’!!

There is no mini bar, and there was a single pack of complimentary biscuits between the two of us. As for WiFi - free in the other hotels I have stayed in, if you want to use the Wifi even in a room of this price, you have to pay.

It is not a ‘bad’ experience, however, not having a bad experience is not exactly a ringing endorsement of this hotel, and the Mariott need to pay attention to the little things.Whilst the location is great, with hindsight, we could have stayed at the St.David’s Hotel and got a taxi into the CIty Centre for a similar price. You need to up your game Marriott!!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear BigFoodlover0,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Cardiff Marriott. Customer service is highly important to us and it is lovely to hear your kind comments regarding our staff.

I do apologise that we did not meet your expectations with regards to your room, prices do vary day to day in line with demand. I have shared your comments with our Executive Team and hopefully a refurbishment will take place in the future.

Unfortunately we do charge for our Wi-Fi, however it is complimentary to all our Marriott Rewards members, which is free to join. I would advise signing up to take advantage of the complimentary Wi-Fi.

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Cardiff Marriott in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The hotel is in a very good location and close to city centre, firstly hotel is a bit tired and does need a bit of a tidy up and some more attention paid to housekeeping. However rooms are pleasant and beds comfortable,
Staff: most staff are Eastern European and maybe it’s their demeanour but I found them to be cold and not customer friendly, an example was, I asked at reception for her to book me a taxi to which her response was to point to the concierge desk for to a sign , shrug her shoulders and walk off. Too much hassle to communicate, I will point out that the concierge was not on duty and probably the best member of staff I encountered.
While at the desk an elderly male asked how could he have something dropped of as the car park is underground it was raining and there is no direct access to the hotel, they were unhelpful, and basically told him to carry it up to the reception himself, again their attitude was not very customer friendly, if a manager reads this I would suggest a welcome host course for his staff.

I have stayed here before and if possible I will not be back nor recommend it, unless on a stag or hen night we’re all you want is a bed and no interaction with staff.

It’s 2018 free WiFi is the thing.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BelfastTraveller2016
Guest Relations C, Guest Relations Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear BelfastTraveller2016,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Cardiff Marriott. Customer service is extremely important to us and I am very sorry tor read that you found our reception staff to be unfriendly. I have shared your comments with the Front Office Manager to ensure our customer service is always to a high standard.

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Cardiff Marriott again to improve your experience.