Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
AU$196
Abdullah Talukder
Reading, United Kingdom

Good hotel - worth staying

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Apr 2024via mobile
Good hotel.
I went with family and booked 2 rooms.
Rooms are spacious, well decorated and clean. Rooms were value for money.
Check out is 11am - no possibility of extension.
Parking is at rear of hotel and is free.

Would I come again? I probably would.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Vio.com
1.9 km from Lincoln House Private Hotel
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Cardiff
All reviews welsh cakes cathedral road four poster bed city centre full welsh breakfast fresh fruit small hotel sophia gardens lovely hotel no lift breakfast was delicious minute walk visiting cardiff car park free parking the ground floor lovely room
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2024

Beautiful period building built in 1900 in an excellent location, with it's own car park & just a short walk to the city centre.

We booked a room with a four poster bed overlooking Cathedral Road. The room was very quiet and the bed was so comfy, I didnt want to get up...
The room was really beautiful, full of old world charm, fabulous pieces of period furniture but with modern touches such as double glazing on the original sash windows, plenty of plug points and a beautiful ensuite.

The staff were all very friendly and welcoming, from the moment we checked in nothing was too much trouble.

The inclusive Welsh breakfast was amazing, so much choice, they even had gf toast for me & the waiting staff were all polite and very efficient.

The hotel is steeped in history, lovely furnishings and lighting, the stained glass windows are truly beautiful. If you appreciate a hotel that's individual and not part of a chain, this hotel is a great choice.

We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Cardiff.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2023

My experience of this establishment is as follows. I rang the Hotel to reserve a room for 1 night for 2 colleagues from Barcelona,a father and his teenage son who were coming in order to video an interview about my part as President of the Jury at a Music Festival in Catalonia. The first person whom I spoke with on the phone was polite and accommodating and thought that making a video would be no problem,so long as we confined ourselves to the bedroom,which I thought perfectly fair.
A later phone call to Reception was answered by a lady who advised checking with the Manager,due in later, that the filming would be allowed. However,we decided to book, having decided that were it not be allowed, at least my colleagues had accommodation for the night.
When I called in at the Hotel in the afternoon to see the Manager and also the room to assess its suitability for filming,were it to be allowed, I was given perhaps the most hostile reception by any hotel manager I can remember. I accepted that he, a man by the name of Carl (or Karl?) was not happy with the idea of filming although I did manage, I thought, to assure him of the content of the interview and that it related to my work, not his hotel. However, his line of questioning was just off the radar. After my complimentary comments about his hotel and its situation, his comments about my colleagues' city, Barcelona, were extremely disparaging,to the extent that I wondered if foreigners were welcome in his hotel. " Had I seen Four in a Bed" I was asked. I had to admit I hadn't! Once Carl or Karl seemed satisfied that the interview would not be a disruption to his guests(I saw or heard none whilst I was there), he agreed to the filming.
The following day I was sent a copy via WhatsApp of this appalling email where he not only reversed his decision to allow the filming (his right it must be admitted) but, actually cancelled my colleagues' reservation,leaving them arriving from Barcelona without accommodation.
I copy the email below. It is addressed Dear Sir/Madam, although he had their names. The grammar is slovenly ,but the manner even worse. My colleagues ' reservation is referred to as the matter now closed. What an awful introduction to Cardiff hospitality for my colleagues. Fortunately, the excellent and ,may I say, confidently professional Àngel Hotel , provided much better accommodation at only a slightly higher price and had no problem with the filming. Since my experience with the Lincoln House Hotel, I have heard various accounts s suggesting the same ethos. To he avoided at all costs is all I and my Barcelona colleagues can say.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 October 2023

Your comments are noted. As you point out we reserve the right to reverse any accommodation decision, particularly where dubious filming is proposed and the objectives associated with it. Lincoln House Hotel

Reviewed 23 October 2023 via mobile

This is our 4th stay here and it doesn’t disappoint Free parking Breakfast included and value for money. Tea and coffee in room and can ask for more through the day. Lovely walk into Cardiff centre through the park. Definitely return again. If you’re a bit immobile there are a few stairs to deal with but I believe they might be rooms on ground floor. One negative comment coffee at breakfast wasn’t the best, sorry!!

Room tip: 2 flights of stairs could be an issue for some
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2023

What can I say ….. normally a premier inn user but decided to try an independent hotel . The room…first class , the shower… powerful , the cleanliness…outstanding , and finally the breakfast…good wholesome food and large portion size . Staff are so friendly . I could go on . The whole experience took away the pain on losing 3-2

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2023 via mobile

Located on Cathedral Street, lovely and more quiet part of town. One block from Bute Park and 1 to 1 1/2 miles walk to city center through a beautiful park. Breakfast was large and tasty. Bed mattresses and linens were good. Staff, while friendly, we’re not particularly helpful.

Room tip: No air conditioning or fan so summer weather is difficult…which I understand was rare this year.
Date of stay: September 2023