“Mrs webb”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food. Fantastic atmosphere. Fabulous staff. We all really enjoyed our visit and will definately visit again

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

HI there,

I will pass on your feedback and kind words back to the team. We hope to seeing you again soon

JI Cardiff Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,877)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Ambiance is poor - it is effectively an expensive cafe. The place is noisy and close tables make moving around (going to toilet) difficult and disruptive. Food is in small portions and very average, perhaps cafe style rather than restaurant standard. Prices are also high. Service hit and miss - sometimes (my friends like it so I have been more than once) very good and sometimes getting attention from a waitress for a drink is difficult. I have even been to order at the bar in order to get a drink. Not my choice!

HI there,

I'm sorry to hear to your visit wasn't to expectation with the ambiance and the general setting of the restaurant. As for the service, I will investigate this and monitor much more thoroughly in order to ensure that front of house staff are complying with the service standards that we have trained them to do, and that if they need to be spoken to formally when they underperform their duties.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the restaurant late afternoon for lunch with the family on a Saturday. Restaurant was fairly busy due to the Anthony Joshua fight happening later that evening. Asked to wait at the bar until our table was ready although there were no seats at the bar and no one to serve us.
After being seated, we were greeted by our lovely waitress, either Annalie or Annalise (feel so bad for not remembering which one). She gave off such a lovely vibe, smile on her face constantly and was so helpful with everything, nothing was too much to ask. Starters and mains came very fast, however, I felt like I finished my meal in under 5 minutes. Last time we came I’m sure the portion sizes were more generous. My mother had the vegetarian roast which she enjoyed, plenty of extra veg although the veg was far too al denté. Our waitress really made our experience at Jamie’s and wish every waitress we have is like her. She’s a credit to the establishment.

Josh B, General Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write in regarding your recent visit, I am pleased to hear Annalie looked after you so well and we will of course pass on your feedback.

We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks
Josh Butler

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It’s really difficult to give this place a great review
Because you either have a fantastic meal or a not so fantastic meal.

We took family members here recently
Said about our great lmeal here last time we were there. unfortunately we couldn’t say the same for this visit

The place was almost empty
The food was ok ....

When it’s good it’s good
When it’s passable it’s just that

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking your time writing in your feedback in regards with your recent visit to the restaurant. I will pass on your feedback back to the team and discuss furthermore regarding with consistency and to ensure that we are maintaining our high quality standards of food and service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I would say that the family meal I had a Jamie was Ok , not great. We had to send 2 plates back as the meal was sent out with items missing and it wasn’t exactlg hot, however when it returned it did taste nice. Staff friendly

HI there,

I'm sorry to hear that your original meal wasn't to our standards and that this was rectified and dealt with immediately.
I will pass on your feedback back to the team to discuss and ensure that we deliver our food to our highest standards at all times